Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Questions and anxiety

Started by salaniaseviltwin, March 10, 2018, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salaniaseviltwin

I know some of you ladies recently had your surgery, and if you don't mind, could you help me out a bit?

I have my Orchiectomy scheduled for May 15th, my birthday present to myself.

I am curious about all aspects after the surgery, I've read a lot of your threads and an very surprised by the wide array of responses regarding the recovery time.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some details regarding how your recovery is going, when you can go back to work, and any important advice regarding recovery and returning to work after the surgery.

It's still a couple of months away, but I'm extremely anxious. I try not to think about it because every time I do, I start to shake and question myself.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

"Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."   -Steve Young

•  

Devlyn

My surgery was on a Friday and I was cleared to go back to work Tuesday. I  did, but it was tough. I was worn out halfway through the day. I was having a deviation from normal healing and that may have been a factor. Basically, you're going to feel like you got kicked square in the nuts. It's not comfortable, but there wasn't any acute pain.

Hope this helps!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 10, 2018, 07:31:00 AM
My surgery was on a Friday and I was cleared to go back to work Tuesday. I  did, but it was tough. I was worn out halfway through the day. I was having a deviation from normal healing and that may have been a factor. Basically, you're going to feel like you got kicked square in the nuts. It's not comfortable, but there wasn't any acute pain.

Hope this helps!

Hugs, Devlyn
It does, thank you.

My biggest concern is that my job requires a lot of walking and opening, what are essentially, aluminum garage doors. I work for a national storage facility brand that starts with a "P" in the US. I can't stand being out of work for extended periods of time, I'm a workaholic.

Can I expect to be back to work within the week after surgery? That's all the time I can take off right now.

"Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."   -Steve Young

•  

Devlyn

You always have to follow the surgeon's instructions, but I would think that's enough recovery? My work was a little less understanding of my difficulties than I would have liked, but I just took things slow and easy.

By the way, I found questioning myself on this to be a very good exercise. I  always came back to the same conclusion, and that was reassuring.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

AnneK

QuoteIt's still a couple of months away, but I'm extremely anxious. I try not to think about it because every time I do, I start to shake and question myself.

I'm currently seeing a urologist for BPH.  I keep hoping he'll find a reason for giving me an orchi, preferably not cancer.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

Quote from: AnneK on March 11, 2018, 11:32:10 AM
I'm currently seeing a urologist for BPH.  I keep hoping he'll find a reason for giving me an orchi, preferably not cancer.
I truly hope not.

•  

Chris8080

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on March 10, 2018, 07:22:28 AM
I know some of you ladies recently had your surgery, and if you don't mind, could you help me out a bit?

I have my Orchiectomy scheduled for May 15th, my birthday present to myself.

I am curious about all aspects after the surgery, I've read a lot of your threads and an very surprised by the wide array of responses regarding the recovery time.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some details regarding how your recovery is going, when you can go back to work, and any important advice regarding recovery and returning to work after the surgery.

It's still a couple of months away, but I'm extremely anxious. I try not to think about it because every time I do, I start to shake and question myself.

Happy birthday for sure. My surgery was one week to the day before my birthday and it was without doubt the best present I've ever had.

As for looking for a stock one size fits all answer to what recovery will be I don't believe there is one. Every person is different, everybody reacts differently to the drugs used for anesthesia, every surgeon is different. Every recovery is at least to some extent different. I guess I was quite lucky because for me there just wasn't any recovery period. Within a half hour of waking up my head was clear, there was no pain and I felt great. From the time I walked into the hospital to walking out was about 3 hours, I walked out of the hospital got into a car and rode to the hotel. That same evening I went for two long walks just because it felt so good. I had very minor bleeding on the day of surgery only, nothing more than a few tiny spots after that. No pain, no nothing.

I understand completely about your being anxious. From the time I finally got a surgery date it was a two month wait and I was a nervous wreck. Not in the slightest about whether it was to correct choice to do it but that I had waited many years, decades actually and now finally I had a date to look forward to. Days seemed like weeks and hours seemed like days. My worst fear was that something would go wrong and it wasn't going to happen. Finally the big day and I get to the hospital only to wait in the waiting room for 4 1/2 hours to then be told my surgery had been cancelled. I can't describe how depressing that was. They rescheduled me for early the next morning but that night was one of the worst of my life.

I don't know if any of this will be any help to you. You'll need to see how your recovery goes, I suspect it will be anywhere from like mine to what some others have described but most likely somewhere in the middle.
  •