Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

People loving my looks but not my personality :/

Started by CallMeKatie, March 10, 2018, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMeKatie

I hate this so much!
Post a few kinda cute photos online and bam! 100 people like it and comment nice things, post about anything and yup nobody gives a flying toss grrr

I know I'm not very nice really but jeez
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: CallMeKatie on March 10, 2018, 05:17:45 PM
I hate this so much!
Post a few kinda cute photos online and bam! 100 people like it and comment nice things, post about anything and yup nobody gives a flying toss grrr

It could be worse......you could be me.  LOL!

Bribe people with the dark side and cookies.  That's how I've made most of my friends.  Sometimes, people just don't have anything to say about a comment, or what they would have said was already said.  Commenting on a picture is almost easier, as it is entirely encompassed in the eyes of the viewer, on what they will notice.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Dani

A picture is worth a thousand words. So essentially, you must write a 5 page term paper to get the same response as one single picture.  :D

I really think that you are a lot nicer than you said. Over the years, I have found that people are much more likely to engage in conversation, if you have similar interests and points of view. If I make one contradictory comment, I usually get greeted with silence. That is just the way many people are. Some people prefer to stop the conversation rather than offer a well thought out response. This is just my opinion.
  •  

HappyMoni

I'll talk to anybody! Under certain circumstances I might even stoop to talking to myself, as distasteful as that is. Seriously though, it is weird what people respond to. You make some wonderful post and crickets chirp. Then sometimes the silliest thing will draw all kinds of conversation. Don't take it personally. I'll bet dollars to donuts you are nicer than me.
Moni ;D
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

AnnMarie2017

I hate this so much!

Jeez, yourself, Katie girl.  :) As you may know, I commented separately on your tres cute avatar. I don't really know anything about you, however.

If you really have personality problems, then there are lots of ways to address thosel
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: HappyMoni on March 11, 2018, 08:07:07 AM
I'll talk to anybody! Under certain circumstances I might even stoop to talking to myself, as distasteful as that is. Seriously though, it is weird what people respond to. You make some wonderful post and crickets chirp. Then sometimes the silliest thing will draw all kinds of conversation. Don't take it personally. I'll bet dollars to donuts you are nicer than me.
Moni ;D

Just a friendly reminder:

You can talk to yourself, you can disagree with yourself, you can even yell at yourself, but if you get in a fight with yourself and you lose....you have a problem.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

JumpingShowBunny

I hate this so much!

Oh dear I feel you. It's a lot worse for me because I haven't transitioned yet. I know I sound like an >-bleeped-< here but whenever people call me terms like "beautiful" "pretty" "lovely" I get insulted. Because they don't see the real me :( It's also insulting when people don't give a damn loving my personality and instead my looks because looks just fade away and how they see you won't be very stable.
  •  

DawnOday

Katie, I understand. When I was closeted I didn't make new acquaintances. Talk about work and I can talk your leg off. Talk about the LA Angels and I can tell you everything you never wanted to know. I never thought I had that much special to say. I know nobody wants to talk politics. I'm pretty sure everyone is tired of hearing about my diseases. So what's left? My looks. Okay I'm not bad for my age but heck beauty is superficial. The right makeup, the right lighting and everything looks dandy. Something I didn't feel before is the desire to connect and now that I am anxious to,I am unprepared.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•