Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

?- My 1st Bra

Started by AshleyBrenna, December 21, 2007, 04:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AshleyBrenna

Pretty sure I should be posting this in here but unsure as Im new. So if its not the right place, sorry..

Today was the first time I ever bought any womens clothes for myself. Figuring that today right before christmas would be the best time since its not unnatural for men to buy stuff like that, haha.

Bought 3 outfits 1 from Victoria Secret. All of them just casual outfits someone at a university would wear to class. Surprised they all fit. And my first bra.

Its a sports bra because I figured it would stretch a bit more..... however, I noticed that it's a bit tight around my back. Now Im a bit of a hypochondriac. And this has me worried. I want to be able to wear it a few hours a day or even all day but Im worried that it might be cutting off circulation for me because it feel so tight. However, had it on for a half hour and it didnt leave any red marks when I took it off.... And I was wondering if this is because Im not used to wearing bras or tight clothing. And if wearing said tight clothing might hurt circulation to my brain, haha...... Just for my peace of mind.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Ashley Brenna on December 21, 2007, 04:15:40 PM
And I was wondering if this is because Im not used to wearing bras or tight clothing. And if wearing said tight clothing might hurt circulation to my brain, haha...... Just for my peace of mind.

Bra? Yes. That's an interesting but tricky fashion item.

My chest is nearly flat, and some people ask me why I sometimes wear bras. In winter, it is an easy question to answer. My justification is "to keep my body warm."

In summer, my reply is rather tricky. And also actual wearing outdoors needs some courage and tricks. In the U.S., I did wear sports bras because other women did. In my country now, it is rare, but I see some women do wear sports bra in marathon contests, and I consider wearing during next marathon.

When I first wear sports bra outdoors in summer, it was rather thrilling and enjoyable. A car passed me and the young driver brew a wolf whistle on me, but my chest was actually flat. Most men did not dare to stare at my chest area.

Yes. I also worry about circulation problem and do not wear it frequently.

Barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Patricia

Actually, I always do all my shopping (for women's clothing) online, mainly because I am still very much in the closet with this whole cross dressing thing, but what I wanted to point out is that online there are always some very handy size charts and fitting guides.  Before having access to the internet, I can't even tell you how many bras I bought that didn't fit because just like you I was always worried about the whole unnatural look of a man buying women's lingerie (Of course there are always birthdays  :angel:) and the truth is that I really don't think it is very uncommon for a man to walk into Victoria's Secret and buy lingerie for his "girlfriend."  Anyway, if you follow the measuring steps online, you'll get a good fitting bra the first time. 

Patricia
  •  

Jenifer J

When I bought my first bra I went to Walmart armed with a size off of one of the internet sites and found out too late it was way to big. It was a Playtex 18 hour bra and I was afraid  take it back. On my next visit to Wallyworld I took a chance and bought one on sale but two sizes smaller and had other male clothing with it. The bra fit perfectly and now that I knew my size I started buying a bra on every trip to Walmart.

After finding out how nonchalant the sales clerk was I wish I had taken the first one back for a refund. I've also bought several pairs of panties there and I am just another customer to them. All I think they are thinking about is their next break or when their shift ends.

If you are still apprehensive use the self check out.

Jen
  •  

Nikki

Quote from: Jenifer J on April 11, 2008, 10:57:01 PMIf you are still apprehensive use the self check out.

Jen

A girls best friend :-)
  •  

Jenifer J

Quote from: Nikki on April 15, 2008, 09:57:35 AM
Quote from: Jenifer J on April 11, 2008, 10:57:01 PMIf you are still apprehensive use the self check out.

Jen

A girls best friend :-)
If only all the stores had them.

Jen
  •  

Rowan_Danielle

Quote from: Patricia on December 30, 2007, 10:40:30 PM
Actually, I always do all my shopping (for women's clothing) online, mainly because I am still very much in the closet with this whole cross dressing thing, but what I wanted to point out is that online there are always some very handy size charts and fitting guides.  Before having access to the internet, I can't even tell you how many bras I bought that didn't fit because just like you I was always worried about the whole unnatural look of a man buying women's lingerie (Of course there are always birthdays  :angel:) and the truth is that I really don't think it is very uncommon for a man to walk into Victoria's Secret and buy lingerie for his "girlfriend."  Anyway, if you follow the measuring steps online, you'll get a good fitting bra the first time. 

Patricia

Perhaps if you go into Victoria's Secret with sizes written in a feminine hand, on cutsey note paper, you might convince the help that you are buying for a girlfriend or spouse.  Just have 'her' name, birthdate and color preferences memorized.  And do it around special dates...
  •  

Keira

Most bra size calculator are pure crap, especially if you've still got a male muscle built (most TS in first 2 years) and a longer torso than the average women (95% of TS).

Those two things together makes the +5 (or 4) thing they use completely off base

Most women have very little muscles at the under the bust position and since
they're shorter, the rib cage has started tapering a bit. Thus, there is a big
difference between above and below measures.

But, for tall athletic women (or a TS or crossdresser), that's not the case.

In our case, the above bust measurement used as a band is usually pretty dead on
(its even pretty good for most women).

The Ladies home journal (lhj.com) calculator uses this and its pretty dead on for me at least
(it also gives "almost B" "almost A" "almost C" approximations.

•  

majiccdtv

bought my first on at kmart
  •  

Bethany W

I was blessed to be born with a feminine frame size. I like to wear either a 32-34 A wonderbra, and I like how it makes it look like Ive got small perky breasts.
  •