Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How much time do you spend reading a day?

Started by KarlMars, March 13, 2018, 06:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much time do you spend reading per day?

15 minutes or less
4 (44.4%)
30 minutes
0 (0%)
1 hour
3 (33.3%)
2 hours
0 (0%)
Over 2 hours
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

KarlMars

I was just wondering how many readers we have in here. I have a hard time reading for more than 15 minutes at a time, but sometimes I pick the book back up later. Last year I read 22 books. This year I'm aiming to read 15.

Colleen_definitely

I tend to average about an hour a day, sometimes much more if I'm doing a lot of flying for work.  (which has been the norm lately)
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Barb99

I read every night at bedtime and sometimes during the day. Anywhere from 30 minutes to sometimes over 2 hours at a time so I picked 1 hour.
I get through about 15 books a year plus newspapers and magazines.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

I read a lot everyday at work... part of my job.

At home, when not working, I do a fair amount of reading especially if it is a cold, damp, nasty day outside...  I will sit on my cozy chair near my propane stove, maybe with a throw or light blanket and a cup of hot coffee... and read for an hour or more.   I usually read several books a month. 

I belong to a book club that meets once a month and we discuss the feature book that we are all in the process of reading.  ....   
....by the way all of the 6 women in the book club are cis-women and they have given me NO indication whatsoever that I am "not one of them"....  Certainly a wonderful feeling!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

CallMeKatie

Audiobooks all the way for me. I need my hands free for my phone
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: CallMeKatie on March 13, 2018, 04:12:05 PM
Audiobooks all the way for me. I need my hands free for my phone

@ Katie:
As my previous post mentioned, there is nothing much better that cuddling up on a comfy chair in front of the fireplace with a hot cup of coffee, reading my favorite book.   A really nasty and cold day outside makes that very attractive.  If the sun is shining and birds are singing I want to be outside instead.
Danielle

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 13, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
I read a lot everyday at work... part of my job.

At home, when not working, I do a fair amount of reading especially if it is a cold, damp, nasty day outside...  I will sit on my cozy chair near my propane stove, maybe with a throw or light blanket and a cup of hot coffee... and read for an hour or more.   I usually read several books a month. 

I belong to a book club that meets once a month and we discuss the feature book that we are all in the process of reading.  ....   
....by the way all of the 6 women in the book club are cis-women and they have given me NO indication whatsoever that I am "not one of them"....  Certainly a wonderful feeling!!!
Danielle
Wait so you're not actually cis and pulling our leg for the heck of it?! Whatever happened to your suitor [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Allison S on March 13, 2018, 11:56:45 PM
Wait so you're not actually cis and pulling our leg for the heck of it?! Whatever happened to your suitor [emoji846]

@ Allison:
Ahhh, my male suitor... actually 2 male suitors now.  I was getting ready to give a report on all of that and the dinner dates.......  still an active subject.  ....  stay tuned!!!!   This is a very delicate subject for me where I live and work.
Danielle

•  

Kylo

1-2 hours lately. I'm doing an English course so that accounts for some but I've also got a large bucket list of stuff to read before I die. Since I'm also slightly incapacitated this week and next I've been reading even more than usual.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 14, 2018, 06:34:28 AM
@ Allison:
Ahhh, my male suitor... actually 2 male suitors now.  I was getting ready to give a report on all of that and the dinner dates.......  still an active subject.  ....  stay tuned!!!!   This is a very delicate subject for me where I live and work.
Danielle

Dates?! Well I definitely wanna hear about those.

•