Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Coming out soon... somewhat nervous, but not for the usual reasons.

Started by 4A-GZE, March 18, 2018, 03:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4A-GZE

Here's the thing: I already came out once before. My parents, however, were (reasonably) concerned that I was jumping the gun on this, as it sort of came out of nowhere. They were going to find me a therapist who specializes in gender identity, but that sort of just never happened. It's been about 7 years now, I think. I'm already out to my girlfriend and a few online friends, but nobody else. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on the 30th, (unrelated to this. I also have ADHD, anxiety, and depression. This doctor is for that) and I'm bringing my girlfriend so she can help me come out there and hopefully get me recommended to someone who can help.

Now, the main thing I'm concerned about is my family being TOO accepting and overcorrecting themselves. Like... I don't want to get any jewelry for my birthday. I don't want to start going out to the tea house with the women in my family every thanksgiving. I don't even want them to invite me. I want them to use my new name and that's it. I'm not hiding any urge to become more feminine than I already am. I just want to be the same exact person but with boobs.
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Lyra Dash on March 18, 2018, 03:01:46 PM
... I'm not hiding any urge to become more feminine than I already am. I just want to be the same exact person but with boobs.

Boobs today, you never know about tomorrow.

I thought the same and Monday I'm talking to surgeon for more drastic changes.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

CallMeKatie

Lyra I feel the same.
I just want my life to continue as it is now only I get to wear makeup without stares and abuse.

HRT might change that but right now, I am happy as I am in life
  •