News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I love it when people know what they are doing

Started by TonyaW, March 22, 2018, 10:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Or Easiest Name Change Ever?

Not that I was expecting problems but certainly tried to anticipate them. Nice when every goes even better than hoped for. 

Name change hearing was yesterday at 330 pm.  Only people in court room were me, judge, clerk and stenographer. 
Judge calls me Mister W once at the beginning then next time it's necessary she calls me Tonya and refers to me as she.  15 minutes later I walk out of court room with my Order for Name Change in hand. 
No line at clerk to get my certified copies.

Too late to get to SSA though, even if they didn't close at noon on Wednesdays so had to wait until this morning. 

So was about 5th in line at SSA this morning, 15 minute wait to have my number called.  10 minutes at the counter (ok 11 minutes because I mis-typed my address on the application and he had to change that in computer) and I'm out the door on the way to DMV. 

Five minute drive there, five minute wait, and five minutes at the counter and I'm on the way to the bank with my temporary license. Only issue I have with that is what appears to be the butt ugliest photo in the history of drivers license photos. Hopefully the color version will be better when I get it in the mail.

Take the ugly photo to the bank any they update my name and order me a new debit card within 5 minutes. 

All told including wait times and driving, it took me one hour and fifteen minutes for the SSA, the DMV and my bank to all now have my name as Tonya Janelle W. and my gender as female. 

All because people knew how to do their jobs and if not supportive, it didn't matter to them why I was doing it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  •  

itsApril

[Hearty applause to everyone you dealt with in the process!]

Congratulations!  So many pieces falling into place at one time . . .
-April
  •  

Cassi

Why do I get the psychic feeling that others will be waiting in line for the time you didn't have to????

LOL
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

TonyaW

One other thing I didn't mention was that both the guy at SSA and lady at DMV made sure to show me the "F" before I left the counter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •