Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Arousal after penectomy

Started by BlueJaye, March 27, 2018, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueJaye

Hi, I was wondering how arousal works after penectomy? It is a more affordable and slightly less invasive option to GRS, and I'm curious about the end result. For those who have had orchiectomy and penectomy, what is your sexual experience like afterward? Do you still feel aroused by a partner, and do you still enjoy sexual intimacy?
  •  

Dani

The sensation you experience post penectomy really depends on how much penile tissue is left behind. A penectomy and the usual GCS will both leave some erectile tissue behind, usually near the prostate. If the nerves are not disturbed, you should feel something with enlargement of the remaining corpus cavernosum when aroused. If the head of the penis is used to make a clitoris and placed right over the remaining corpus cavernosum, you should have a very satisfying result. There are a lot of "if's" in this situation.  It really depends on the skill of your surgeon.  :-\
  •  

BlueJaye

Quote from: Dani on March 27, 2018, 02:21:19 PM
The sensation you experience post penectomy really depends on how much penile tissue is left behind. A penectomy and the usual GCS will both leave some erectile tissue behind, usually near the prostate. If the nerves are not disturbed, you should feel something with enlargement of the remaining corpus cavernosum when aroused. If the head of the penis is used to make a clitoris and placed right over the remaining corpus cavernosum, you should have a very satisfying result. There are a lot of "if's" in this situation.  It really depends on the skill of your surgeon.  :-\

So, would the head be placed on in the case of penectomy? I was under the impression that it all goes away. Is some of the glans tissue reattached?
  •  

Dena

You need to discuss this with the surgeon your considering. While I had full GCS, my surgery is much different that current surgeries are today. The entire Glans was preserved but buried under skin thus I don't have a visible clitoris however the potential for full sensitivity is there. Current surgery often reduces the size of the Glans but produces a visible clitoris. Some surgeries entirely remove the glans thus you may have no sensitivity in this area. Understanding the surgery is important and today, you should be able to get all the information needed to make a decision.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Amy Chislett

Quote from: Dena on March 27, 2018, 05:44:20 PM
While I had full GCS, my surgery is much different that current surgeries are today. The entire Glans was preserved but buried under skin thus I don't have a visible clitoris however the potential for full sensitivity is there. Current surgery often reduces the size of the Glans but produces a visible clitoris.

Is there expansion under your skin?  Could it potentially be uncovered?
HrbHRT 21Jun2016
mtf hetero
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Amy Chislett on June 07, 2018, 05:10:52 PM
Is there expansion under your skin?  Could it potentially be uncovered?
It probably could be uncovered but I don't think it's worth the trouble. It's possible it would work well where it is but because of my asexual nature, I really haven't been motivated to explore it. Remember that for years I didn't know anything was there so I didn't look for it. Now strangely enough life seems to have more priority than seeing if it works.

From the reports I have received from others with the same surgery, I have no reason to suspect it won't function as it is. I can feel swelling at times of sexual excitement and that indicates to me that it's ready and waiting but I need to write the instruction manual and maybe purchase a vibrator.  ;D
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •