News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Why is it ok for guys to go topless?

Started by Julia1996, March 27, 2018, 11:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela Drakken

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on March 27, 2018, 07:09:18 PM
In Canada both men and women are aloud to go topless but still no shoes no shirt no service applies but out in public it is fair game for both

I'ts also common practice for a woman to breastfeed uncovered in public and people consider the act 'progressive' and 'heroic.' (I personally consider it lazy, it takes an extra what 3 seconds to pop a comfy blanket into the ol' diaper bag?)
I sat through thanksgiving dinner in an old folks home where my hippie cousin was breastfeeding uncovered at the dinner table.. (Her child is also a little BEYOND the age of breastfeeding making the act somewhat disturbing..)

Modesty is dead.
  •  

Jacqueline

Hey all. Just a quick reminder to show respect for all body types. Body shaming anywhere on the gender spectrum is not cool.

While I think the discussion has been okay and pretty funny at moments, it may occasionally get personal. Lets keep that all in mind.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Kylo

I've never seen someone breast feed in public. Just not done here, I guess. Wouldn't really care if they did, as I don't get the idea of finding that in any way sexual or intimate but I guess some people might.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Devlyn

I had a woman breastfeed her child in the plane seat next to me. Little dude was hungry, I had no reason to watch him eat, though. It's easy to look somewhere else.

Yay for guys, they can walk down the street with no shirt. They can stay out on the street while I have a nice meal in a restaurant, too.  :laugh:

All people should dress appropriately, and if you're not on the beach, that means ALL your clothes.
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Kylo on April 14, 2018, 03:41:10 PM
I've never seen someone breast feed in public. Just not done here, I guess. Wouldn't really care if they did, as I don't get the idea of finding that in any way sexual or intimate but I guess some people might.

I just think of it this way, if a man were to whip out his penis in public and urinate he goes to jail. Also not intimate or sexual. Just another necessary biological function in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Angela Drakken on April 15, 2018, 07:10:41 AM
I just think of it this way, if a man were to whip out his penis in public and urinate he goes to jail. Also not intimate or sexual. Just another necessary biological function in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Youre talking out your rear end. If a woman urinated in public she'd get locked up too.

No one gets arrested for eating in public, and babies feed on breast milk. Grow up and get over it.
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 15, 2018, 07:51:34 AM
Youre talking out your rear end. If a woman urinated in public she'd get locked up too.

No one gets arrested for eating in public, and babies feed on breast milk. Grow up and get over it.

Devlyn,         15 Apr 2018

Nice response; love it.

Best always,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Evienne

I think the actual answer to the question is mostly just a cultural and psychological thing. Many African or tribal cultures go around almost completely naked. But in our western cultures such things are not considered to be ok. It's just the way our current society works. And I personally think maybe our culture came to that based on growing from a culture that was minoratizing women and of a higher standard sophistication. I think it works similarly to public displays of affection where too many people don't want to see it in public and ask that people keep it to themselves. So even though there are people who say "who cares we are all human," the vast majority of this particular society doesn't think that way so in order to get around that you either need to move to a different culture where it's tolerated, or wait/help influence society's beliefs to change on the matter.

On a side note, there's also the argument that men's brains are hardwired to become sexually aroused on the site of women's breasts where women don't really get that way as much in seeing men's breasts. But as we know there exist cultures who live in the nude despite this, so in theory it can happen, but it's gonna be one hell of a long time before I see a country like the US decide to do that too.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Angela Drakken on April 14, 2018, 07:37:13 AM
I'ts also common practice for a woman to breastfeed uncovered in public and people consider the act 'progressive' and 'heroic.' (I personally consider it lazy, it takes an extra what 3 seconds to pop a comfy blanket into the ol' diaper bag?)
I sat through thanksgiving dinner in an old folks home where my hippie cousin was breastfeeding uncovered at the dinner table.. (Her child is also a little BEYOND the age of breastfeeding making the act somewhat disturbing..)

Modesty is dead.

I saw a woman breast feed once at the mall. I thought it was kind of gross honestly. That kid was really chowing down and even making noises. It kind of reminded me of zombie noises. I was just thinking " OMG lady, what did your boobs ever do to you to deserve that abuse"?  If I could have children they would get bottles! Eww!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jacqueline

:police:

This subject is garnering some polarized opinions. It may be going in a direction not specifically helpful to any of us. It is locked for review.
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•