Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Did you "always know" you were trans?

Started by PurpleWolf, March 28, 2018, 08:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyJoy

I always knew I wanted to be female, yes.
I have a twin sister so got regularly exposed to the female body at bath time, we used to lay side by side and head2toe in the bath and I'd lay the wash cloth over my pelvis like a skirt, lol...

My mum had trans friends in her 20's and I was surprised to learn that she had met Carlotta and spoke with her on a few occasions - so when she had my sister and I she always knew I was different, and as soon as I could talk she figured me out. I'm lucky that I have photographic and videographic proof of a lot of those trans quirks that toddlers and young children often express (I have baby photo's that I can put on display in my home which wouldn't draw attention to my trans status at all). Mum has always been very open when it comes to the LGBTIQ, so while most parents would scold their child and avoid photographs of that nature, mum didn't care.

She'd buy me dolls and allowed me to be who I was, she wasn't going to intervene though, so she waited until I was 17 and told her - she never played puppetmaster with my identity to hasten things.. She trusted that I would find it myself.

My sister and I played with our Bratz at school and I was always in the dress up trunk at after school care. At my first school this resulted in me being pelted by rocks from boys in my class.. My second school was aware of that incident and I guess they didn't want to tempt my mothers fury if something like that happened there as-well, even after I punched a girl in my 5th grade class for pulling the head off my Bratz mini Chloe (the one with the cow print skirt). I was only given detention.. Shocking I know....

My mothers third husband thought he knew best when it came to my identity and sat me down and said it was okay that I was gay... Mum told me later she never wanted to have discussions like that with me because she didn't want to confuse me. I lived as a "gay" boy (I never reached manhood) until transition at 18, it's awkward online dating and telling people not to look at it, mention it, touch it or even ask about it! That part of my body was always off limits... I remain a virgin to this day.

While I knew I wanted to be a girl and I prayed for it at night, I didn't know that transsexuals existed, or that such a surgery existed until I was 17 and a co-worker suggested it ignorantly because I was trying on one of the other girls heels. When my step father spoke to me he said it's all because I was gay, so I put it away in a neat little box and assumed he must be right - adults are always right  ???
  •  

jamie-lee

No, I had no clue. The first idea like that appeared to me in middle school. That it could be about me. But I couldn't be trans, could I? Transgender = said in kindergarten that they were of the opposite sex. I didn't. It somehow didn't cross my mind at that age. So I thought I was something different and identified as non-binary until I realised in college that oh my, I am a man.
  •  

D'Amalie

Oh no!  Not that old rag again ::).  Did I "always know?"  Of course not.  I make light of it, but it is of great import to me in this day and time.

To be sure, what I did know, was that I was a person.  Not really identifying as one gender, or sexual preference, or even as queer, I was more bent on survival...the wicked step mother syndrome applid to my sister and I (I was 3 when she showed up and she remains in our lives to this day albiet we keep her at a distance.  We aren't mean to her, after all she is not but a little old lady now.  Return cruelty was never an option given that we love our father dearly). 

Yes, I always wanted to be like my sister.  I adored her pretty clothes and her friends and her toys.  But was it a conscious gender identity issue?  No, I don't think so.  Although, if I think about it hard enough I waver in my certainty.

I wore sis's cast off clothes in the late 60's and early 70's, those that would fit me and that remained servicable, that is to say.  My step mother would give them to me as summer or play clothes for the most part.  Occasionally a really nice item made it's way to my closet. She is two years older than I, my sister.  So as a child her clothes could be mine for a bit.  No dresses or under garments or sleepwear, I particlarly remember a blue knit sleeveless top with the zipper in the back and a pair of long shorts with side zipper...and a pair of shoes.  This was when I was 10-13.  I was jealous that my chest did not fill out the knit top as well as hers.  Not really a sexual thing, just a pretty appearnace that I didn't have. I'd sneak girls underwear when I could, and sanitary pads to go with them; certainly not an obsession.  I longed for plain white cotton panties rather than the boxers and briefs that bunched up so uncomfortably.  I certainly didn't dare to ask for femminine garments of any type.  Although in hindsight, I would have asked had the wicked stepmother not been a control freak.  We'll maybe adress the abusive parent in another post?  Is there a thread for that?

But you have to remember put this all in context, my sister and I were clamped down, both of us etremely naive.  We didn't understand the economics of a lower lower middle class household budget.  Even through puberty, sex or gender was not really an issue to us.  My stars!  We only had a TV (black and white) through the summers of '68 through '70, basically while Dad ws in 'Nam.  My over protective step mother saw to it that we had no interaction with other than relatives and church, she greatly influenced the information we were exposed to.  My dad is a sweetheart and always has been.  He recognized that he needed a caretaker for his children.  I don't think I've  said, but my dad was an Army Sargeant.  During my young days we spent 6 years stationed in Germany, living in the military dependents communities. 

I didn't question my gender.  I did as I was told, I wore what I had. Of course I presented as a boy, even if i was picked on and bullied for my submissive nature.  I found myself in school days being very much a loner since my sister was my best friend and we had not a chance of extra cirricular friendships. Puberty wasn't especially trying, but I definately noticed girls... not in an obsesive way, but envious in the choice in garments they had and in the way they were treated.  I REALLY hated the agressive and domineering of other boys.  Interactions with others in high school...

I've got to go now.  I'll pick up the tale later if I get a positive response.  If you want me to shut it.... I can do that too.

-Richelle

One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

jamie-lee

Middle and high school were odd. Inside my mind I was baffled why I look different than most guys. But I was not trans according to my sources, because I didn't come out as a toddler   ::)
  •