Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I'm not sure if I have high testosterone... also, I have a couple of petitions.

Started by Raintheboi, March 29, 2018, 04:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raintheboi

Heya. I'm having a few difficulties with my identity right now, and I am transmasculine assigned female at birth. I'm recently having a few issues with whether I have high testosterone, and whether that makes me intersex. I know intersex people don't have much protection in the UK, and I'm concerned.

So basically, I have a deep voice, deeper than an ordinary female. My periods are generally regular but there are some notable exceptions (not that I want them anyway!) I have a lot of excess body hair, and hair below and above my lips, kinda looks like a moustache. I have acne, but I'm not done with puberty yet, so I'm not sure if that's just puberty or if it's that I have extra T. My skin is very oily, and I notice I have more muscle mass than the average female. I'm wondering if this could mean I have high T.

On another note entirely, I'm campaigning to end nonconsensual medical interventions for intersexed people in the UK. There's already a petition on Change.org to sign, and I'm making another one on the official petition site. Bear in mind, for this one you have to be living in the UK.
  •  

Kendra

Hello Raintheboi, welcome to Susan's!

Others here may have experience or advice regarding the possibility of an intersex condition - rare but quite possible.  One way I think of this is there is a starting point and there is a destination.  The starting point and the destination doesn't necessarily fit a traditional gender binary in every case.  It's important to determine what result will make you happiest in the long run. 

Since this was your first post I'll add information to help with navigation, and site guidelines.  Susan's Place has some unique requirements, and one of those is links cannot be added until you have enough posts to reach the level of Family.

Things that you should read

When you get a chance, it would be great if you can introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum.

Really great to see you here!  All the best,

Kendra
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Hello Raintheboi, I see that you are new here and may have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances. 
Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with the issues that you brought up in your introduction posting. 

I see that Kendra has officially welcomed you here but also please allow me to alsoWELCOME you to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others about your contemplated transition and to read about others transitions and their trials, tribulations, and successes in their transition journey. 
It is nice that you have signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have a successful moment in your journey you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. You might even find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace.  Be sure to look at the Links that Kendra posted below her Welcome Message, there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

***Note:  As Kendra suggested please do go the the Introductions Forum to let other members here know about you.  Once more members are aware of your new membership you can expect more interaction on the Forums.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Doreen

I would encourage you to see either a ob/gyn (ikr?) or an endocrinologist.  What my initial suspicions would be is something known as "PCOS.. polycystic ovarian syndrome.   I'm not wishing this on you, but this seems to be one of the more common causes for what you are describing.   It could also be genes, for instance if you come from families with alot of body hair especially on the female side.  My bet is on the PCOS though... even maybe CAH, but that generally presents earlier in puberty.

IN the end the only way to know for sure is to get it checked out.  A basic hormone level is relatively cheap.

Quote from: Raintheboi on March 29, 2018, 04:14:17 PM
Heya. I'm having a few difficulties with my identity right now, and I am transmasculine assigned female at birth. I'm recently having a few issues with whether I have high testosterone, and whether that makes me intersex. I know intersex people don't have much protection in the UK, and I'm concerned.

So basically, I have a deep voice, deeper than an ordinary female. My periods are generally regular but there are some notable exceptions (not that I want them anyway!) I have a lot of excess body hair, and hair below and above my lips, kinda looks like a moustache. I have acne, but I'm not done with puberty yet, so I'm not sure if that's just puberty or if it's that I have extra T. My skin is very oily, and I notice I have more muscle mass than the average female. I'm wondering if this could mean I have high T.

On another note entirely, I'm campaigning to end nonconsensual medical interventions for intersexed people in the UK. There's already a petition on Change.org to sign, and I'm making another one on the official petition site. Bear in mind, for this one you have to be living in the UK.
  •