Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

We need your help to meet the monthly goal

Started by Susan, April 01, 2018, 02:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

It's that time of the month again when we remind the members and visitors to the site that we cannot continue to provide this site, and all the support resources it contains without your help.

It is 25 days into a 31 day month, and so far we have raised a total of $756.16 out of the $2,000 we have to receive each month just to pay the bills. This leaves us a total of $1243.84 short for the month.

Ideally we would like to raise a total of $1743.84, which would put $500 in the bank that would go to make up the shortfalls that have been eroding the operating buffer I work so hard to build up each year.

Every year from January to around May, we run massive shortfalls each month. This year we are already short $872.93, not counting the shortfall for this month, which comes out of my personal portion of the monthly goal, so if you can step up and help we need you to do so.

If 50 people will step up and donate $25.00, we will be able to pay the bills for the coming month. If 70 people do so, we will reach the goal plus be able to add $500.00 which would go towards making up for the $872.93 shortfall already this year.

We have not met the basic monthly goal even once this year. I simply cannot accept massive cuts in my portion of the monthly goal in order to provide the site mostly on my own. Many times we have over 1000 people online at a single time, around 17,000 people per day. If a small portion of them would choose to support this site with a $5.00 subscription or donation, I wouldn't be forced to send out these messages.

While things may get rough financially for members of our community most of us can afford $5.00 a month.

The point is that if things continue going as they have this year it will eventually hit a crunch point where I have to make a tough decision between being able to pay my already pared down to the bones bills, or continue to provide this life saving web site.

We know there are many who would like help, to but are unable to due to their personal situations, and we fully understand that if you were able to support the site financially that you would be one of the first to step up and do so! Keep in mind that another way to help is by volunteering. We have a News team, Forum Moderators, Chat Moderators, Links Staff, and Wiki Staff, all of which can use volunteers.

For those who can step up to help the site financially please consider donating or subscribing, because with your donations or subscriptions we are able make the difference in the lives of a lot of transgender men, women, and children.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Susan

March Announcement converted to a topic.

With the shortfall in March added in to the running total for the year, that brings us to a -$1167.24 shortfall in meeting our $2,000 monthly minimum donation goal over 3 months. and If we calculate based on the full $2,500 monthly goal, we are down a total of $2,667.24, or just over one month's expenses out of the 3 months in this year.

Since hosting and other expenses in providing this site are always budgeted first,  all shortfalls comes out of my portion of the expenses meaning I have to cut both personal entertainment, and frequently necessities. I have lost almost a full month out of the last 3 months something I cannot afford to do. 

While this shortfall is not unexpected, it is always concerning, and that's why I struggle to build up a buffer over the course of a year. So please consider donating or subscribing.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •