Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What to bring to orchi consult at Dartmouth?

Started by Adrianna86, April 13, 2018, 03:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrianna86

So, I have a consultation at Dartmouth in 2 weeks to "get the ball rolling" (pun fully intended) on an orchiectomy.
Wondering what I should bring with me, if anything.....any suggestions?

Maybe get one or both of my counselor letters done and bring them?
I'm just not sure. Nervous and excited at the same time!!
  •  

Devlyn

Hi Adrianna, welcome to Susan's Place! Congratulations! You can bring your letters if you have them, I scheduled my surgery with the understanding that the letters needed to be received prior to the surgery date. For most people this is a simple procedure, mine went a bit haywire, but in the end I'm very pleased. You can read about my adventures here

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Hello Adrianna,  Well, that is exciting news indeed about your upcoming orchiectomy... YES, please keep us all updated.
Thank you for joining us here at Susan's Place.  I see that you are new here and may have questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances. 
Be aware that there are lots of members here that can identify with the issues that you brought up in your introduction posting. 

WELCOME to Susan's Place.  You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others about your transition and to read about others transitions and their trials, tribulations, and successes in their transition journey. 
It is nice that you have signed up so you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other members.
When frustrated or if you have a successful moment in your journey you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and get involved at your own pace.  Be sure to look at the Links that I posted below, there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.
Again, Welcome.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@ Adrianna:   
Oh, and another thing, be certain  to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members here about yourself. 
You will be noticed as a new member and you will receive more interaction from other members here as they will then be aware of your arrival on Susan's Place.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Adrianna86

I have been a member for a while, I just don't post very often..... Busy work and home life! lol But thank you for the welcomes, they are always appreciated!!
  •  

Devlyn

My surgeon also required a pre-surgery physical exam from my primary care physician. You may want to check on that. Most surgeons stick to the WPATH guidelines and want a year of HRT.
  •  

Adrianna86

That's ok. I'm coming up on 8 months on HRT, and I assume the scheduling for Orchi's can be quite a bit out. I'm actually counting on it, so I can get work squared away w/ time off and a temp replacement trained (I work security at a resort in Vt). 
Spoke with one of my counselors today, she's good with writing a letter, going to speak to my main counselor in the AM, plus go to my HRT prescribing Dr. (Planned Parenthood) tomorrow and get that one all set. My GP is the one the that sent the referral out, so I assume I am good there.

Does anyone have any advice on what to expect during this first consultation visit?
  •  

Devlyn

My first visit with Dr Oates took less than fifteen minutes. We talked about scheduling (three weeks for an orchiectomy) and  the fact that the letters needed to arrive before the surgery date. No visual inspection or anything like that. It was very much a non-event, except for receiving the surgery date.  ;D

My orchi came after only seven months on HRT,  unless your doctor is a stickler for rules I'll bet you get a quick surgery date.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Adrianna86

That would be beautiful, but I would need it to either be really really soon (within a month- 1.5 months) or next fall. Those are the slow times at work, and I promised my boss I would do what I could to match my down time with our off-seasons. It's what I want as well. Easiest on everyone, including myself.
  •