News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

We your help to meet the monthly goal

Started by Susan, April 30, 2018, 11:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

* Converted to a topic.

Note from Susan - Last month we did better than the month before but was still about $300.00 short of meeting the monthly donation goal. At this point, we have a running shortfall for the year of $1436.48 this is just figuring by the $2,000 that is required to pay the monthly bills. Tallying by the complete goal, we are down a total of $3,436.48. That is over four months. The site's bills are always paid first, leaving me whatever is left over. Please donate to support the site when you are able; even a small amount helps tremendously!

It's that time of the month again when we remind the members and visitors to the site that we cannot continue to provide this site, and all the support resources it contains without your help. It is 25 days into a 30 day month, and so far we have raised a total of $776.58 of the $2,000 we have to receive each month just to pay the bills. The amount raised leaves us short by of $1223.42 for the month. Ideally, we would like your help in raising a total of $1733.40, which would put $500 in the bank that would help rebuild to our operational buffer which makes up for shortfalls in reaching the monthly donation goal.

Every year during this time frame, we run massive shortfalls in reaching the donation goal each month, so if you can step up and help, I need you to do so.

If 50 people will step up and donate $25.00, we will be able to pay the bills for the coming month.  If 68 people do so, we will reach the goal plus be able to add $500.00 which would go towards rebuilding the site's depleted operational buffer.

We have had more months with shortfalls this year, than ones where we have met the goal.  Already this year we are under our goal by $1,167.24 not counting any deficits for this month. I cannot continue to accept cuts in my portion of the monthly donation goal to provide the site mostly on my own.  I have to be able to pay my bills, and due to the consecutive shortfalls, my savings have been slowly drained.

Many times we have over 1000 people online at a single time, around 17,000 people per day come to this website. If a small portion of them chose to support this site with a $5.00 subscription or donation, I wouldn't be forced to send out these messages each month.

While things may get rough financially for the members of our community, most of us can afford $5.00 a month.

The point is that if things continue going as they have this year, it will eventually hit a crunch point where I have to make a tough decision between being able to pay my already pared down to the bones bills, or continue to provide this life-saving website.

We know many would like help but are unable to due to their financial situations, and we fully understand that if you were able to support the site financially that you would be one of the first to step up and do so! Keep in mind that another way to help is by volunteering.  We have a News team, Forum Moderators, Chat Moderators, Links Staff, Wiki Staff, and Minecraft server staff all of which can use volunteers.

For those who can step up to help the site financially, please consider donating or subscribing,  because with your donations or subscriptions we can make a big difference in the lives of a lot of transgender men, women, and children.

Regards,
The Susan's Place Transgender Resources Team.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •