Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Upcoming physical fitness test and testosterone booster. F2M question perchance.

Started by Doreen, May 08, 2018, 03:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doreen

Question:  My testosterone is always abysmally low (like 0), and I have severe fatigue / stamina issues.  I have an upcoming test that will be very physically demanding and exhausting.   If I gave myself a booster shot of testosterone, do you think I'd experience any improvement in ability to perform? (Muscle / endurance wise). No its not the Olympics lol.

Wonder how long it took f2m's to notice any demonstrable difference in physical performance?   My body is generally resistant to testosterone in the first place which makes it questionable at best anyways.

No I haven't asked my doctor, but I'll see him Wednesday (tomorrow) and I can already guess his response will be 'what can it hurt' or something along those lines... after all he is the one that prescribed it in the first place a long time ago.

Curious about your thoughts... I'm on HRT but its not helping my stamina levels at all. Never did.
  •  

Deborah

Raising T will increase your red blood cell count which will increase your aerobic capacity.  The life cycle of red blood cells is around 60 days so it will probably take 30 to 60 days to notice a difference.  During that time you'll have to keep your T high.

Some reduction in speed/power, but not endurance, is expected on HRT.  If you are having problems with exhaustion and lack of endurance then your problem may be other than just low T.  Dehydration and electrolyte imbalances are other likely causes that are easy and fast to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: Deborah on May 08, 2018, 04:46:28 PM
Raising T will increase your red blood cell count which will increase your aerobic capacity.  The life cycle of red blood cells is around 60 days so it will probably take 30 to 60 days to notice a difference.  During that time you'll have to keep your T high.

Some reduction in speed/power, but not endurance, is expected on HRT.  If you are having problems with exhaustion and lack of endurance then your problem may be other than just low T.  Dehydration and electrolyte imbalances are other likely causes that are easy and fast to fix.

I don't disagree with your advice, its all actually very good.. sadly my electrolytes, RBC, WBC, all that crap is perfectly fine whenever tested.  (Well the hemoglobin could stand to be a bit higher).  I'm always very well hydrated too especially when I know I'm going to have a lot of physical exertion.

Ya I tried testosterone for 3 months, hoping in vain it'd raise my stamina levels... I didn't notice any demonstrable difference unfortunately.. and the risks of developing hirsutism or other unwanted side effects (I never really 'masculinized' in the first place) was too scary for me personally to stick with it.  It might have something more to do with this huge bubble in my head (about the size of an avocado) squishing the internal brain structure than anything.  Oh well... sometimes you just have to do the best you can do.

The test is ... far sooner than 2-3 months away lol.  So I'll probably just keep on keeping on.  I do know that sometimes the effects are rather quick with shots as a whole, just wondering if anyone else had personal experiences they could relate to.
  •  

Deborah

You might try supplementing magnesium if you're not already taking it.  Last year it corrected my "exhaustion" issue within 48 hours.  I generally now take both a magnesium and a zinc supplement daily.

http://naturalsociety.com/16-magnesium-deficiency-symptoms-signs-low-levels/

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: Deborah on May 08, 2018, 05:01:05 PM
You might try supplementing magnesium if you're not already taking it.  Last year it corrected my "exhaustion" issue within 48 hours.  I generally now take both a magnesium and a zinc supplement daily.

http://naturalsociety.com/16-magnesium-deficiency-symptoms-signs-low-levels/

Actually I do take magnesium supplements along with my HRT... theoretically it helps headaches too.   Pft.. lol.  Also biotin.  Biotin cuz my mom swears by it & it did help her hair thicken.. seems to be working great with mine too.
  •  

melissamp99

Please let us know what your Doctors advice is. Being on T is a juggling act. To much T and you get the opposite effects. To little T and you get no results and possibly the opposite affect again .

•  

Doreen

Quote from: melissamp99 on May 09, 2018, 03:44:11 PM
Please let us know what your Doctors advice is. Being on T is a juggling act. To much T and you get the opposite effects. To little T and you get no results and possibly the opposite affect again .

Was supposed to have the appoiintment with the doc today but apparently he suffered a heart attack o.O  O.o  I pray the best for him, but for now I'll just huff through no T booster.  Life is ful of little adventures, but this will not be one of them ^_^  Thanks.
  •