This toxic anti-trans candidate Jazmina Saavedra utterly DEFEATED:

Candidate                                          Votes                Percent
Nanette Diaz Barragán (DEM)              26,356               65.8%
Aja L. Brown (DEM)                              6,700               16.7%
Stacey Dash (REP)                               2,927                7.3%
Jazmina Saavedra (REP)                   4,058               10.1%

Here's the link to the results on the CA Secretary of State website:

https://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/us-rep/district/44

Under California's election laws, Saavedra is now ELIMINATED in the primary and will not appear on the general election ballot in November.
-April
  •  

ErinWDK

Yes, she is eliminated.  But it gets better...  Two of the four candidates had unofficially withdrawn before the primary.  So, as one of the two candidates still campaigning, she couldn't get into the top two.  Her hate was utterly rejected.

Good!
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: ErinWDK on June 07, 2018, 09:51:07 AM
So, as one of the two candidates still campaigning, she couldn't get into the top two.

That takes some doing!   ;)

Does that mean there'll be only a Democrat candidate next election?
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

itsApril

Quote from: AnneK on June 07, 2018, 10:17:51 AM
Does that mean there'll be only a Democrat candidate next election?

Yes.  California has a weird and unique "jungle primary" system, in which all candidates  of all parties run in the same primary election.  Then, the top two primary finishers (regardless of party) appear on the ballot in the general election.

This means that in some cases, major-party candidates may find themselves "shut out" of an election.  California's 44th District is 70% Hispanic, with a heavily Democratic voter registration advantage.  As a result of the primary election, Saavedra is "shut out" and will not even appear on the ballot in November, even though she got more votes than the other Republican candidate.

Saavedra is a goner.
-April
  •  

Donna

That's great news but she really needed to get 0 votes. Any votes show someone feels her points are valid when they clearly are not
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Patty_M

FYI she lost in her primary.

Hopefully that is the last time we will see her on national media.

A Republican candidate for Congress in California filmed herself confronting a transgender woman using the women's bathroom at a Denny's in Los Angeles.

Jazmina Saavedra, who is campaigning for a seat in California's 44th District, streamed the incident on Facebook Live on Tuesday.

"I'm trying to use the ladies' room and there is a man here claiming that he is a lady," Saavedra said, entering the bathroom and filming outside the stall.

"You're invading my privacy," the transgender woman inside the stall said.

"You're invading my privacy because I'm a woman and I deserve to use the woman, the ladies' room," Saavedra responded.

She then left the restroom and waited outside for the individual to exit. . . .
[/quote]
  •  

Donna

Yes all that and then never used the bathroom on top of that. There was also more than one stall for her to use. Maybe that was here favourite side or something
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

MoreThan2

No matter your affiliation you must admit this is disgusting, and purposeless.
  •  

warlockmaker

I fully understand the views of TGs and other LGBTQ supporters on this topic, please accept that presently we are the minority. However, in discussing this with my US and Western female friends I get a very different point of view. I dont need to mention men's views which are overwhelming. Its their views that I have used to guide tg in transition. Respect for each others rights are important and this may attract venomous responses.

A summary of their view is if you are pre op and blatantly dont pass then you should not use a female toilet. This is being respectful of others rights.Society will come to accept us but it cannot happen tomorrow, it may take a generation or more, but it will happen. Taking a very agressive attitude will result in many females not supporting us, this is already the case with feminists. The womans equality movement continues to assert their rights after more than a generation. We have to set an example of tolerence and respect for each others views so that future generations understand and respectfully change.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: warlockmaker on June 22, 2018, 11:01:11 PM
I fully understand the views of TGs and other LGBTQ supporters on this topic, please accept that presently we are the minority. However, in discussing this with my US and Western female friends I get a very different point of view. I dont need to mention men's views which are overwhelming. Its their views that I have used to guide tg in transition. Respect for each others rights are important and this may attract venomous responses.

A summary of their view is if you are pre op and blatantly dont pass then you should not use a female toilet. This is being respectful of others rights.Society will come to accept us but it cannot happen tomorrow, it may take a generation or more, but it will happen. Taking a very agressive attitude will result in many females not supporting us, this is already the case with feminists. The womans equality movement continues to assert their rights after more than a generation. We have to set an example of tolerence and respect for each others views so that future generations understand and respectfully change.

I have to disagree. Rosa Parks didn't pass as white, but she refused to sit at the back of the bus.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Donna

I also have to disagree. I have guy bits but nothing sticks out. I have to sit to pee. I live as a
Female and I'm not going into a men's washroom in a dress and heels and hair and makeup ever. Part of Wpath to get surgery approval is living as your desired gender for at least a year and if you are choosing to not use the appropriate washrooms and change rooms then you are not being true to yourself. Be courteous, be respectful and be a lady about it. I've meet some cis woman that could very easily us the men's room if they were in jeans and a sloppy tee yet we should not until surgery and 100% passing. Who is to determine who passes.
Just my thoughts
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

RobynD

Using the toilet is a simple public right and necessity is should never be a question of passing, beauty, clothing or anything other than the identity of the user.

Those signs on the bathroom were never meant to be a legal barrier to anything. Relieving oneself is not an intimate act, it's not something to be embarrassed about or is washing your hands and checking your hair in the mirror. If someone for whatever reason feels uncomfortable with that, it is their issue, not yours.

Last night I went to a concert with my girlfriend and her kids and felt like dressing masculinish. Unisex T-shirt, no bra because it was warm, distressed jeans, plain black boots, no makeup and my hair was in a bun. Other than my apparent boobs under my shirt, i was looking pretty butch. I used the women's facilities twice, both times standing in line for a bit, with my girlfriend and with out, and i was never even glanced wrong at. I was talked to typically and smiled at.

If someone had voiced opposition to me being there, I would not have hesitated to set them straight.

•  

Dena

The rule we went by is to use the restroom that matches how your presenting. This eliminates the argument about do you pass or not because some people may never fully pass. For that matter, I don't always pass even today but I have never been questioned about the restroom I used.

When I use the restroom, it's in, do my business and then leave when I am done. This isn't always normal CiS woman behavior because often I have to dodge around a social group gathered in the middle of the restroom floor in a busy restroom.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

AnneK

QuoteThis isn't always normal CiS woman behavior because often I have to dodge around a social group gathered in the middle of the restroom floor in a busy restroom.

I often wondered if they had a card game or something going on, as they always went in together and seemed to take so long.   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

warlockmaker

Honestly, I have young daughters and I would object if the using  a female toilet was arbitrary choice.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Lucca

Gender-segrated restrooms presume that I'm a dangerous predator, based solely on my appearance and a label that other people have attached to me that I did not ask for. Being viewed as a threat when I've never been threatening to anybody is something that's caused me no end of strife, and I don't appreciate it.
  •  

kaitylynn

While I might be persuaded to agree that some thought might be needed to enter a restroom, what this person did was what we must NEVER allow to be justified.  Even if the person did not pass, they did not appear to be in there for any other purpose than needing to use the toilet.  What ensued is deplorable, and no set of standards for transition can change that this was an assault.

The person who filmed this was looking for her opportunity and it she thought your hands were too big...that could have been enough to trigger her.  I am part of the Southern California community, though only loosely associated.  There is some really crazy trans politic and honestly, it is often silliness.  We do not need blatant attacks to be normalized from outside parties.

Glad she lost her primary.
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Michelle_P

I'll just note that responses to the presence of a trans woman in a womens restroom can vary wildly.  Typically nothing happens.  We are all there for the same reason.

ONE time, once, I had a woman take exception, watch which stall I entered, and tried to kick in the door once I was sitting.  She then followed me through a shopping center shouting religious tracts at me until Security took her away.

A number of times I have gotten dirty looks.  Oh well.  I still need to pee, and I am NOT going in the men's room.  That would be foolish and dangerous in this country.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Ryuichi13

I'm glad that negative person lost!  She's obviously still stuck in the 19th century.  What's next, high collared dresses and bustles?

Even when I was pre-T, before I passed as male, I began using the men's room.  Sure I got looks, but I simply said in my deepest voice, "S'up?" and nodded my head.  If anyone would have had an issue, I would have simply looked at them as crazy. 

Besides, even some CIS women "never pass."

Bathroom policing is just that, "policing" those who need to use the bathroom.  What's next in bathroom policing?  Demanding to see ID before you go in?  Its silly and a 19th century way of thinking.  This is the 21st century!  Let those that need to use the facilities be allowed to use them, according to their gender identity. 

Or better yet, make ALL restrooms gender neutral.  That way, there's no paranoid person demanding to see what gender you are.

Ryuichi

•  

ErinWDK

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on June 25, 2018, 08:39:54 PM
I'm glad that negative person lost!  She's obviously still stuck in the 19th century.  What's next, high collared dresses and bustles?

Even when I was pre-T, before I passed as male, I began using the men's room.  Sure I got looks, but I simply said in my deepest voice, "S'up?" and nodded my head.  If anyone would have had an issue, I would have simply looked at them as crazy. 

Besides, even some CIS women "never pass."

Bathroom policing is just that, "policing" those who need to use the bathroom.  What's next in bathroom policing?  Demanding to see ID before you go in?  Its silly and a 19th century way of thinking.  This is the 21st century!  Let those that need to use the facilities be allowed to use them, according to their gender identity. 

Or better yet, make ALL restrooms gender neutral.  That way, there's no paranoid person demanding to see what gender you are.

Ryuichi

The mens room is not as much of an issue.  I did go into one once dressed in a manner that caused my doctor to ask "Why didn't you dress?"  (this was REALLY androgynous, which is truly hard to hit for someone my age)  A man came in, freaked out, and locked himself in a stall.  Well...

Generally mens rooms are not a place for socialization, so saying little or nothing is expected.

The real idea is as Ryuichi suggests:  Make ALL restrooms gender neutral.
  •