Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

If I had the ability to stop time....?

Started by Natasha, December 27, 2007, 06:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

if I stopped time, would I age? and if I would age, have I really stopped time? Can it ever be stopped?
  •  

lisagurl

In theory at the speed of light time stops. In reality it is now not possible.
  •  

Butterfly

Witty girl you are ~laugh~  :)

QuoteIf I had the ability to stop time....?

Saying time is an illusion is to say that there is no past to be remembered if there only is a "NOW". If there is a past, present and future, then time is a reality. Whether people want to admit it or not. Our clocks may or may not all be wrong, but if there is a beginning, there will be an end in time.

Anyway, to answer your question; If you could stop time, (all except yours) then I would say it is only logical that you would age since time remains constant for you. However, if you were to stop time for all, (including yours) I would say you would not age. I must say though, I really cannot perceive how this would be possible.

I think it will end on it's own and no other way. Through the natural order. I do think that we can make ourselves, and our perception of time vary given the right circumstances. Like they say, "Time flies when your having fun". I have found, personally that is is usually (but not always) true.

Scientifically though, the sun shadow's remain consistent and the clocks tick at the same speed. So.. who knows for sure. Great question though. Really can one thinking.
  •  

tekla

If I had the ability to stop time, time would have stopped somewhere back in Feb 1985 when I was sitting up on the top deck of Henry J. in Oakland, listening to Jerry play Stella Blue.

Other than that, I wish I could have kept my kids about 6 years old forever.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

NicholeW.

To stop time would be to stop life in all its chaotic and glorious variety. A universe of statuary would be the result: a lifeless and unmoving canvas with no one to admire it.

If I could, I shouldn't and wouldn't.
  •