News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Let’s go fly a kite!

Started by Jessica, June 05, 2018, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Let's go fly a kite!

Those are words that came to mind when thinking about staying happy and living life.  Many of us here have experienced despondency.  The feelings of fear, hate, loneliness and pessimism can be overwhelming.
I haven't escaped feeling down, but I have learned through life that "life is what you make it". 
Depression can be a downward spiral that sometimes brings you to lows that are debilitating to your quality of life.
I grab onto my safety line before I get too far by doing something I enjoy.  It may be hard to do, but remember why you have made the choices you have, to have a better quality of life.  It's all for naught if you lose sight of living.
So go for a walk, bike, run, movie, video game, anything that makes you happy or..........FLY A KITE!

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on June 05, 2018, 09:49:15 AM
Let's go fly a kite!

Those are words that came to mind when thinking about staying happy and living life.  Many of us here have experienced despondency.  The feelings of fear, hate, loneliness and pessimism can be overwhelming.
I haven't escaped feeling down, but I have learned through life that "life is what you make it". 
Depression can be a downward spiral that sometimes brings you to lows that are debilitating to your quality of life.
I grab onto my safety line before I get too far by doing something I enjoy.  It may be hard to do, but remember why you have made the choices you have, to have a better quality of life.  It's all for naught if you lose sight of living.
So go for a walk, bike, run, movie, video game, anything that makes you happy or..........FLY A KITE!

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

Jessica: A wonderful posting about how to get one's self out of feeling down....one should be "Getting up and get back on your horse."  As you described, grabbing onto your safety line and getting involved in enjoyable activities is a good way to work us out of our depressing moments.  I also find that if I go walking, jogging, to the gym to workout, spend time with good friends... all of that also helps a lot.

Thank you for your helpful and positive posting.  We all have those "down" moments in our lives, it is important to nip them in the bud and take immediate action to lift yourself up, and have supportive friends that can be of assistance, being there for you.

Hugs,
Danielle

***NOTE:  However, I do recall some years ago when I was told to "go fly a kite"
that it had a less than a positive meaning. ;)
Go fly a kite Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/go-fly-a-kite
mainly US informal old-fashioned. used to tell someone who is being annoying to go away. Phrases telling people to go away. (go and) take a running jump idiom.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 05, 2018, 10:02:41 AM
Jessica: A wonderful posting about how to get one's self out of feeling down....one should be "Getting up and get back on your horse."  As you described, grabbing onto your safety line and getting involved in enjoyable activities is a good way to work us out of our depressing moments.  I also find that if I go walking, jogging, to the gym to workout, spend time with good friends... all of that also helps a lot.

Thank you for your helpful and positive posting.  We all have those "down" moments in our lives, it is important to nip them in the bud and take immediate action to lift yourself up, and have supportive friends that can be of assistance, being there for you.

Hugs,
Danielle

***NOTE:  However, I do recall some years ago when I was told to "go fly a kite"
that it had a less than a positive meaning. ;)
Go fly a kite Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/go-fly-a-kite
mainly US informal old-fashioned. used to tell someone who is being annoying to go away. Phrases telling people to go away. (go and) take a running jump idiom.

@Alaskan Danielle

Think, Mary Poppins.

Oh, oh, oh!
Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!
Let's go fly a kite and send it soaring
Up through the atmosphere
Up where the air is clear
Oh, let's go fly a kite!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•