Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Post-op Phalloplasty

Started by CheekyStoat, June 17, 2018, 06:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheekyStoat

I honestly just want someone who's been through it or is still going through it and can help me through it. XD

I'm approaching three months since the first stage of ALT phalloplasty and it's just been complication after complication after complication. I'm in so much pain still (go through ups and downs). I either have a urinary or flesh infection near the urethra opening or a tear has opened up in the urethra. Find out tomorrow but in the meantime I'm terrified of peeing and just want to finish recovering (as of just a few days ago I was feeling amazing and thought I was in the final stretch of just waiting for the final patches to close).

I guess I'm just looking for some similar experiences or just some comfort that eventually I'll be fine and can wait for the next stage. >.<

Thanks for listening.
  •  

reborn

Unfortunately the complications from surgeries are not only described in text books but they happen for real in practice. Most of them are impossible to predict and they simply happen. The good news is that the complications that you describe are most likely temporary and will subside. I wish you a smooth recovery. Stay strong. This ain't an easy journey but a well worth it in the end.
  •  

randomdude5

I had MLD but I have had complications since the very first surgery lol. Mainly fistulas for me. I've been lucky though that regardless of the issues with fistulas for the last year, aesthetically, the phallo is looking pretty great. I am going back for a 4th surgery in a couple of weeks, and am hoping to finally get all the urethral problems fixed so that I do not have to go for a 5th surgery!

It has gotten easier after every stage though I will say that much, regardless of complications. So, you should definitely be passed the worst part!
  •  

CheekyStoat

Yeah, there is that. I had a tiny necrotic patch earlier but it's (so far) been the only unrepairable issue. Just lots of infections, stitch explosions, urethra closing, skin graft denial, etc. XD Textbook, my butt. My surgeon said I'd be nearly back to my old self after a month. Three months later...XD

I have suspected that the second stage might be a bit smoother, not counting on anything, though! XD I'm sorry you've been having so many issues and I'm even more sorry that hearing someone else that's having issues helps me feel a little bit better in that it's not just me. Thank you for sharing.

Sorry, going from laughing at the ridiculousness to horrendously sad about it. Thankfully, I'm currently laughing. Thank you for your kind words. I was really struggling last night.
  •  

randomdude5

Lol exploding stitches yes. I think that happens often. When I had my first stage, I was uh... backed up... because of the narcotics lol, so I chugged a bunch of laxatives... And you can probably imagine the rest! It resulted in some popped stitches. :P When I explained what happened to my surgeon at one of my post ops he was just  like... "Oh, you had a blow out!" If he's got a name for it, it must happen often enough, haha.
  •  

reborn

The complications rate with phallo is 40% and more. Necrosis is almost a MUST with those procedures. You must be psychologically prepared before the surgery for this. The good news is that almost all patients are happy in the end.
  •  

CheekyStoat

Oh, no! XD Mine prepared me by strongly recommending stool softeners. I have no idea what happened to my stitches. They just weren't connected one day. I was so stoned, though, I can barely remember anything the month after.

Yeah, I was warned about the necrosis, it was just a small patch and and one day the open wound will close where it was. ;D Getting close, though! Another couple weeks, I hope. With the stitch explosion and the necrosis it was about an inch thick and from base across the tip so...considering it's doing pretty well.

Thank you both, I feel (emotionally) so much better. ^^ Really appreciate you guys sharing your experiences!
  •  

CheekyStoat

And....(drumroll, please)...I actually had a fistula forming!!! Yaaaay!!!

Am I part of the cool kids club now? XD

/sarcasm

Ah, well. At least it doesn't hurt when I pee anymore.
  •