News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Pharmacist reduce dose of HRT

Started by annaleaver, June 21, 2018, 09:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annaleaver

Hi,

Has anybody experienced their medication dose of Evorel being reduced without proper/full consent from the patient?

It occurred to me recently.

anastasia
Deed poll 17/10/2017
Passport 09/02/2018
Drivers License 07/03/2018
Electrolysis 03/07/2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: anastasialea on June 21, 2018, 09:24:08 AM
Hi,

Has anybody experienced their medication dose of Evorel being reduced without proper/full consent from the patient?

anastasia
@anastasialea
Hmmm... the rule that I understand is that only your doctor(s) can adjust your dosages of prescribed medications....  the pharmacist can't change the doctor's orders.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

pamelatransuk

No, I havn't but I noticed last month the Evorel being amended to Estraderm which same dosage/strength but I understand this is just an amendment from particular brand to similar but this month I asked my GP to revert to Evorel which he happily did.

Pamela

•  

Dani

Quote from: anastasialea on June 21, 2018, 09:24:08 AM
Hi,

anastasia

What are the specific details, please?

Was your previous dose not available? Is this a generic substitution? Is there a possibility of a dispensing error?

Pharmacists do, as part of their job requirements, evaluate the possibility of prescription errors. If a possible error is noticed, then the Pharmacist must ask the prescribing doctor to verify the dose or adjust it to a recommended dose. This may be done verbally between the Pharmacist and the prescriber and the patient never know about it.

In the US, Pharmacists are not allowed to change a drug dose on their own, unless there are written protocols between a specific doctor and pharmacist. This usually happens in a hospital or clinic setting where doctors and pharmacists work together.

In my working life as a Pharmacist, I routinely monitored every order for a select group of very troublesome drugs where the dose was critical due to bad side effects and the need to get the dose high enough to be effective. The protocols I worked under mandated a consultation with the prescriber before any changes were made.
  •  

annaleaver

Evorel reduced by 25%, though the doctor re-prescribed at my most recent visit. I don't think it's an issue anymore.

anastasia
Deed poll 17/10/2017
Passport 09/02/2018
Drivers License 07/03/2018
Electrolysis 03/07/2018
  •