News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Little bit confused

Started by Lana_, June 28, 2018, 10:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lana_

Well hello there , .

Before a week I had an appointment with my therapist and the conversation got a little bit confusing.

Just wondering did any one else had this kind of situation.

We where talking about my gender dysphoria and she asked , what is the fantasy , whats the big gole and what I will do after it (she ment what I wll do after it , like what kind of hobbies I would have )...And I said I dont know , like I dont have now any hobbies and I dont know what hobbies I will have after all of it... then she said , that I would be awfully sad girl...And I was like W*F .

How was your process of therapy , what complication did you had with your therapist ?

sorry, just a little bit confused
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Lana_ on June 28, 2018, 10:57:10 AM
Well hello there , .

Before a week I had an appointment with my therapist and the conversation got a little bit confusing.

Just wondering did any one else had this kind of situation.

We where talking about my gender dysphoria and she asked , what is the fantasy , whats the big gole and what I will do after it (she ment what I wll do after it , like what kind of hobbies I would have )...And I said I dont know , like I dont have now any hobbies and I dont know what hobbies I will have after all of it... then she said , that I would be awfully sad girl...And I was like W*F .

How was your process of therapy , what complication did you had with your therapist ?

sorry, just a little bit confused

@Lana
Dear Lana:  I think what the therapist was doing is their job.  They were just exploring your thought process and making certain that your motivations fit the criteria for transitioning successfully.    Again, not confusing at all, your therapist was doing their job.   

I am certain that they come across all types including those that are in a fantasy journey and have not thought through entirely about their goals and what is going to become of them when they do transition.... and if it will be successful and if it will last..
Again, be thankful that your therapist is attempting to be assured of your sincere thoughts and goals before you go much further.... that is why we go to therapists.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Devlyn

I agree, she was just feeling out your goals, making sure you're well adjusted. That's her job.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Megan.

My last session with my therapist we discussed recovery after GRS, and the fact that many do suffer some depression.

Firstly I recognised that this may very well happen. Transition is a huge part of our concious and unconscious thoughts for a long time, without that there can be a big gap to fill.

To help combat this I said that I intend to have a few hobbies, interests or projects ready to give my energy, to give me a new focus.

Your therapist will challenge you, you don't have to have an answer every time, but it's often on something you might want to think about. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Transition while a seemingly long process is only a short period in our lives.  We need to plan our assimilation into the new life we envision we living in.  It just doesn't happen.  Winston Churchill said "Plans are of little importance, but planning is essential."  So we need to establish a game plan but recognize it may need to be adjusted along the way. 

Some therapists are up front and abrupt and others dance around the question, but the answer needs to be established.

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Lana_

Thank you girls for help, appreciate it :)
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Megan. on June 28, 2018, 11:44:02 AM
My last session with my therapist we discussed recovery after GRS, and the fact that many do suffer some depression.

Firstly I recognised that this may very well happen. Transition is a huge part of our concious and unconscious thoughts for a long time, without that there can be a big gap to fill.

To help combat this I said that I intend to have a few hobbies, interests or projects ready to give my energy, to give me a new focus.

Brilliant!   Yes, we put a lot of ourselves into the transition process, and tend to be intensely focused on this.  Trans people do tend to be a bit intense and driven...

Of course, once transition is done we can't really focus on that any more.  It is very important to be able to redirect our focus from our transition to some other life goals, whether that be in our community or in personal interests such as hobbies.  We have such focus and drive, that I find we can be very successful post-transition in almost any endeavor we choose to take on.

I do know that continuing to focus on transition past the point where most might consider us 'done' can have poor effects, including an inability to see ourselves as others see us, personal dissatisfaction, and a drive to seek out ways to 'continue' our transition in ways that may not be healthy.  I am hoping to avoid that.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •