News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Gender Resolution

Started by Kirsteneklund7, July 09, 2018, 01:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Maya2018 on November 22, 2018, 09:59:02 AM
I am most interested in your transition as I am in the same headspace. More specifically, I really care about being able to keep my career and my wife. It seems like your wife was on board, so what happened? Mine is also on board - she married the person not the man - but we haven't started transitioning so we haven't tested that idea yet.
Hi Maya,
               I would love to compare notes.PM me anytime or even on the forum.

I am modelling my transition on Jan Morris or Jenny Boylan. I am hedging my bets. Dysphoria had me on my knees once in 2015 and I expect it to get stronger. That means Im on HRT now and dressing female in my spare time. If transition becomes unavoidable at least everyone knows about it - my family knows they are my priority and hopefully love will conquer adversity.

I dont need to rush right now -I hope I have enough in place before crunch time down the track.

Jan Morris transitioned on estrogen for 10 years before SRS.

My life is good I'm not complaining - the black dog of dysphoria is on the leash for now.

Would love to hear from you,  Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Linde

My marriage did not survive my changing.  We did not know at the time that I was on the way to become a woman.  What What I can now reflect on, is that I was getting angrier and angrier all the time, and finally drove my wife of almost 36 years away.  I don't know if counseling would have helped, my wife always tried to get me into an anger management program, but I did not want to. 
Anyway, if I could turn the time back, I would do everything possible to continue may marriage, even if this would have required to put the woman back into the closet again!  I would have found a way to control my anger, I am pretty sure about that.
What do I have now?  I am almost a woman, a lonely woman at this, who has a lot of friends, but they go home in the evening, and I am alone again!  This is not the life I was hoping for and dreaming of.
I am pretty good friends with my ex now, but she is living with another man, and I know that she will never come back to me!

I think the price I paid to be a woman is way to high for me!

I can only recommend to think about every step of this transition, and make sure that your wife is with you for every one of them.  I wish I would have done this!

Good luck for you journey!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Another Nikki

Kirsten-  I am kind of doing similar.  On initial hrt dosage levels, permanently removing facial hair, going to therapy on occasion and attending support group functions.  I see my transition as a gentle slide into eventually living full time as a woman over the next 5-10 years.  No definite plan, no reservations about changing things as needed.  This has given my wife time to catch up with slow changes, and she is now fine with going out with me presenting female.  hrt has definitely taken the edge off the dysphoria, and i have no plans to quit it, ever.
"What you know, you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire lifeā€”that there is something wrong. You don't know what it is, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me."
  •  

Coffeedrew

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on November 23, 2018, 01:56:33 AM
You are a champion Coffeedrew. That last post is also a gem. Very good point about not overthinking things- just do it & enjoy it for what it is. Have you ever checked out Natalie Reed and the Null Hypothesis? Natalie transitioned MTF while asking the question "how do I know Im really trans?" & "should I transition?"

Her answer was "you dont know for sure."

Please dont hesitate to pass on any transitioning tips you discover.

Yours truly, Kirsten

I will read those.
  •  

Kylo

A point about being happy though. I would avoid your goals in life ever just being "to be happy". That's not a goal, it's an undefined nebula. Without definition, a point B to your point A, how will you navigate it? So many people think happiness is a goal in itself. It's not, it's things you do that lead to happiness, which is a by-product state of mind. I knew I had to avoid thinking transition would equal happiness for this reason, it's just a process, and happiness had to come from a real physical change in the way I was living my life.

Resolving whether or not you need/want to do it will probably just be a matter of time and sieving the idea for a bit if it's not an imperative. I did learn that trying to hold on too tightly to control over people and situations regarding transition was really a waste of time; better served by not holding on so tightly and sometimes just letting go or letting things develop. Even the untenable situation of relationships being incompatible can ease up surprisingly. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kylo on November 27, 2018, 03:09:26 AM
A point about being happy though. I would avoid your goals in life ever just being "to be happy". That's not a goal, it's an undefined nebula. Without definition, a point B to your point A, how will you navigate it? So many people think happiness is a goal in itself. It's not, it's things you do that lead to happiness, which is a by-product state of mind. I knew I had to avoid thinking transition would equal happiness for this reason, it's just a process, and happiness had to come from a real physical change in the way I was living my life.

Resolving whether or not you need/want to do it will probably just be a matter of time and sieving the idea for a bit if it's not an imperative. I did learn that trying to hold on too tightly to control over people and situations regarding transition was really a waste of time; better served by not holding on so tightly and sometimes just letting go or letting things develop. Even the untenable situation of relationships being incompatible can ease up surprisingly.
I wish I had your clarity regarding transition Kylo. I reached a point where I couldnt ignore it any longer and then when I let the brakes of my buried self a train wreck started with everything I held most dear. I put the brakes on and resolved the day to day dramas with family & myself.

I would like to think I now allow my total self to express naturally and organically but I do wonder if pushing on through full transition would be the best thing ever or the worst.

Yours truly, Kirsten.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Another thing is many biographies I have read - some resulting in a slightly sad desolate life. Others glorious beyond measure.

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Kendra on July 27, 2018, 05:24:56 PM
Professionals have specialized education, experience, access to medical and other background details - and I don't.  So I hesitate to question a professional's opinion.  But I deeply dislike hearing anyone called a "fence sitter" as that assumes a gender binary with a precise dividing line.  I also disagree with certain aspects of WPATH and I believe those standards will evolve in the future.

Drive your life with long term decisions you'll be glad you made when you look back at today.  Your best answer may land you in a traditional gender role or not, for awhile or forever.  Define and determine what will bring you the most fulfilling future and pursue it based on your definition.

Kendra
Hi Kendra,
                   I' ve been mulling this snippet quite a bit. The therapist I have seen is a reasonable psychologist but maybe without heavy duty transition experience. I think they have dealt with transsexuals with a clear goal of leaping into full transition.

I had a choice of only one therapist within the State borders where I live.

My goal initially was to unravel issues that were driving my life off the rails in the worst way, including depression, self harm, suicide consideration. Unrelenting desire to be a woman was 24/7. I wanted to find out if transition was the answer.

At the time nothing made logical sense to me. My natural approach is to find irrefutable proof before deciding on a course of action. I couldnt find it.

HRT got me on my feet again.

Now I plan on lifelong strategy and goals to drive the best long term outcome. I didnt want to think in 2 years I should have done something about transition. There are ducks in a row and I dont think life is getting away from me.

Kendra I would love to know how long you mulled it all over before taking the plunge.

Thanks for your input so far,  Kirsten

•  

Sienna Grace

Hi Kirsten,
To me your position seems perfectly reasonable and rational.

The presumption we should behave in a certain way or enact particular imperatives simply because we identify as something other than binary, is to preclude or deny all the doubts which come with being human.

For most people the answer is incredibly simple. When the benefit is greater than the cost, we will happily pay the price. Perhaps right now you simply don't see enough of a benefit?

Whatever you do, once you are prepared to own the consequence of action, life becomes quite simple and beautiful.

All the best.

Si
Xx
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Sienna Grace on November 27, 2018, 06:40:09 AM
Hi Kirsten,
To me your position seems perfectly reasonable and rational.

The presumption we should behave in a certain way or enact particular imperatives simply because we identify as something other than binary, is to preclude or deny all the doubts which come with being human.

For most people the answer is incredibly simple. When the benefit is greater than the cost, we will happily pay the price. Perhaps right now you simply don't see enough of a benefit?

Whatever you do, once you are prepared to own the consequence of action, life becomes quite simple and beautiful.

All the best.

Si
Xx
Thank you Sienna. Its true -my life is basically very good. The cost/benefit isnt enough to tip the scales. I wonder if many have ever gone full time and found it wasnt for them?

Kirsten  [emoji214]

•  

Linde

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on November 27, 2018, 11:29:54 AM
Thank you Sienna. Its true -my life is basically very good. The cost/benefit isnt enough to tip the scales. I wonder if many have ever gone full time and found it wasnt for them?

Kirsten  [emoji214]

I was full-time for a little while, and started to waffle the other day and was going back to my gender fluid mode.  I was at the psychologist today, and she put my head back into the right direction again.  She said it is pretty common that people have doubts about their proper track, but most everybody goes back into becoming a woman again.

•  

Coffeedrew

I have had time to reflect on what I said to Kirsteneklund7 about marriage counseling. I have no business suggesting that if I have never had to do that. I apologize.  Also Sienna, you bring up a good point that somethings cannot be helped, and a choice must be made at some point.It's like a risk/ reward, and we all hope it works out, but in the end we can only hope for the best or make the best of what we have.I feel the same way presenting as male, I get gender dysphoria, but a weaker kind. I'd say more like conscious of women in general, for instance, her makeup looks good, those boots look awesome,she got her hair done and those curls look nice, or look at how those jeans compliment her figure.I kind of wish I could be doing all of those things with out looking like a total wreck or acting weird for complimenting somebody.That's why in the beginning I wrote down how I felt so I can remember why I am doing this.I got a fortune cookie that I taped to my journal. It reads this, "Always remember where you are going and always remember where you have been.".

•  

Kylo

I tend to think of the need to transition as being - largely - a matter of carrot or stick, and which is driving the person. Some would say the carrot is what they head towards, for me it was the stick behind me (pain). My life was not terrible, and if I had your concerns and considerations I might be in your position, but it was mostly pain and it was mostly empty. Having a fairly comfortable family life and dependents etc. is going to make it a more equal matter of carrot/stick unless you are in severe emotional pain. It's definitely a better position to be in; but there's more to lose.

When you only have stick, it's an easy decision.

If I had a wife and kids I won't pretend it'd be easier, even if I am fairly self-centered. I suppose it was clear to me (and to my partner) that it had to be done, because of the attitude we have - we don't have kids to worry for, we don't care too much what other people think and there's an unspoken rule that if one of us truly doesn't want to do something, we just say it and get it over with. If one of us didn't want to go do something with the other, the other would rather not do it that than go through a pretense of doing it. When I explained the problem, the response was to the effect "well I guess you'll have to do it then, or do something about it. Now I know you'd be faking life if you didn't."

...That didn't mean all was hunky dory with the situation, but it did at least mean we desired honesty, even if it was painful. In some ways I decided to go ahead with transition because I knew it wasn't going to severely affect many people at all, so I guess that consideration was a part of it even if I tend to downplay the aspect to myself. Almost nobody was going to be hurt by it, and the only person who was had already decided we weren't getting along great beforehand. (Ironically we get along much better now in terms of personality. Thanks, HRT). But the "clarifier" really was two things - 35 years of knowing that nothing I'd done or tried had ever got rid of my gender issues, and that I didn't want to regret doing nothing like I had done with other things in life that I'm still kicking myself for. I hadn't been able to go ahead and get a normal life really, that's pretty visible to most around me, so it did seem to indicate I have a real problem that I've never solved. Didn't seem like a vagary or just something I wanted to do. It seemed there was a tangible thing holding me back that if I acted might fix that.

I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum but transition and HRT didn't simplify anything. It has helped immeasurably, but also complicated even a fairly simple life. My living situation and relationship, my family's relations to me, and it allowed me to see the internal feminine aspects of myself crystal clear even though they are largely hidden to the outside world. They will not be going anywhere, it seems. I'll have to make some kind of peace with them; I guess I already have done, but they absolutely complicate anything in terms of how I see sexual dynamics. Now I know that while transition can be a form of moving forward, and HRT does take the edge off, the true reality of my situation is that I've got hybrid elements in the brain. They'll never go away. How I go forward with that we'll have to see, guess I'll just have to roll with it. Simplest way to describe it: all aspects seem to be largely male save for a few in the sexual department. I can go through almost all everyday life without the "female" aspects arising there until I get to that. So I would advise, I guess... that if you have a dichotomy there that's currently still in the process of being weighed up, you're going through the same thing as I am. Realizing that being trans can be a hybrid state and figuring out how much of what state fits your everyday life best; HRT did make those states a lot more evident to me.   
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

What a post! Can relate to so much of it - especially transition resulting in a hybrid state.

All of us as trans & cis have our Yin & Yang and need to express them everyday to stop negative tensions building.

I expect if I need to push on through a transition I will carry aspects of the masculine self. I would like to think I can live in harmony with him.

I must get back to work now but I really do  appreciate your input Kylo.

Thanks mate! , Kirsten.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Kylo on December 02, 2018, 06:24:43 PM
Realizing that being trans can be a hybrid state and figuring out how much of what state fits your everyday life best; HRT did make those states a lot more evident to me.
As a person born intersex (XXY), I have lived in this kind of a hybrid stage most of my life.  One can live this way, but let me assure you, it is miserable after a few decades, living no really knowing what gender one belongs to!  I am glad that my body decided a few years ago, to give the female part of me a try (after the male failed about a decade ago), and my mind is following the lead of my body with excitement.
I am sick and tired to be a hybrid any longer!

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Dietlind on December 02, 2018, 07:27:00 PM
As a person born intersex (XXY), I have lived in this kind of a hybrid stage most of my life.  One can live this way, but let me assure you, it is miserable after a few decades, living no really knowing what gender one belongs to!  I am glad that my body decided a few years ago, to give the female part of me a try (after the male failed about a decade ago), and my mind is following the lead of my body with excitement.
I am sick and tired to be a hybrid any longer!

I just want to say Linde, even though I didnt get round to answering many of your replies on this subject, I do really appreciate your input. I have read your posts many times and it is an honour to be able to interact with your life experience. While this topic was new you were a hybrid individual, now you are firmly a woman! Your journey has been education and inspiration for me. It must be great to finally be fully your female self - it is something I am hoping for!

Yours with appreciation, Kirsten.
  •  

KimOct

Kirsten, I had never read this thread before and to be honest I only read the original post.  I intend to catch up on it all at another time.  I believe in a gender spectrum.  Your comment that you heard from other people 'only transition if you have to'. 

I don't necessarily believe that.  What is 'have to'?  To prevent suicide?  To combat depression? To find peace? To be happy?  Where is the line about 'have to'?

Should every person on the transgender spectrum transition?  Absolutely not.  We each have to search ourselves and our own situation and come to a decision how to proceed.  There are trade offs for transitioning or not transitioning.

There are also many options on how to live our lives.  Binary, non binary, crossdressing, transitioning etc etc.

The only thing I keep beating the drum on is do not make these choices based on fear.  Make them based on who you are.

The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Thanks to Kim for digging this post up, as it goes back to last year, I've read this and the replies and it places later posts by you Kirsten in a better context for me. Your "point of no return" post last month makes a little more sense now. Making the long range plans you mention above are the key to successful outcome, having a 3-5 year plan that can be revised as necessary. Be happy, being you, find your balance (ying / yang) between your needs and that of the family, no hurries. Where do you want to be ?

Well wishes

Cynthia -

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Hello fellow life travelers on Susans,

just putting pen to paper again for the record.

One happy piece of news that is only a day old is a friend of mine whom I have known for a couple of years is a medical co-coordinator taking 000/ 911 style phone calls to dispatch air ambulances. She is a no-nonsense type of person that doesn't bear fools gladly and takes her job seriously.

While the morning handover was taking place for the day, I happened to mention that under my work clothes I was developing a female body. I mentioned that I run on female hormones and in my spare time I dress in a feminine manner.

She said yes come to think of it you do have breasts. She smiled and nodded to herself and asked if I was going to fully transition. I said I may have to in the end.

She said well in any case you have my full support. You can come round my place for a beer and wear a dress if you want! In fact come round Friday and we will have a cold one !
I said youre on !

We also spoke about the " Rainbow " scene in Darwin and how it hasn't quite reached critical mass, regular get togethers dont get many people. 

She just so happened to know of some trans people and really 'got it'. She really understands what trans is.

In any case that's more than a couple of people in the office who know about me & could tolerate a transition.

Looking forward to Friday evening. My wife knows where I'll be as well.

The engineering crew mostly know and personal friends are supportive. The rest of the engineering crew have mixed feelings.

In other news, yesterday afternoon I had an eyebrow and eyelash tint. I love the lash tint the most- at 50 years of age I actually have substantial upper and lower black lashes- I love it ! My wife says I look ridiculous and that men dont do that!  She said the work crew will think you are a weirdo !

Today the work crew aren't bothered or haven't noticed.

Also my sons expressed that I shouldn't tint my naturally blonde brows and light lashes.

I plan on maintaining the tint- it looks quite natural, but it really adds a youthful/ feminine element.

So that's me, bits of the inner woman are starting to show and tying to avoid the train wreck of 2016!

Yours truly,
                     Kirsten xx.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on April 23, 2019, 08:48:15 PM
I just want to say Linde, even though I didnt get round to answering many of your replies on this subject, I do really appreciate your input. I have read your posts many times and it is an honour to be able to interact with your life experience. While this topic was new you were a hybrid individual, now you are firmly a woman! Your journey has been education and inspiration for me. It must be great to finally be fully your female self - it is something I am hoping for!

Yours with appreciation, Kirsten.
Yes Kirsten, I hope that I have finally arrived at my destination.  I still have no problems to go as a man, but I don't like to do that anymore.  It wen actually pretty fast lately to make me the woman I am now.
I think that the orchi did help to push m really over the hill!  Whatever it was/is, I am feeling extremely feminine, and this is great.  This is the feeling I wish I would have had for many years already, probably for my entire life?  I think I would have been a happy female all the time!
Yes, I still ant SRS, but that is more for myself and kind of decorative.  I don't think it would change my feminine feelings any!

I read your contributions, too, and hope that you will be in a position to move on to full womanhood pretty soon!
You will be a darn good looking lady!
Hugs
Linde

•