Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Are there any groups in Houston, TX?

Started by Danielle Kristina, July 16, 2018, 09:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielle Kristina

I just recently came to terms with my gender identity and was wondering if there were any support groups in Houston.  I'm sure there are, but I don't know enough to say where they are, so any help would be appreciated.

My gender therapist says that Houston is a pretty LGBTQ friendly city and we do have a district locally famous for LGBTQ people, so it makes sense that the groups for trans people in Houston are there, but again I don't know for sure or what to expect.

Hugs to all!!!

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

TaraJo

I lived in Houston from 2009 - 2016.  I have a lot of facebook friends in the trans community who are still in the area.

Last I was there, there were a couple of support groups.  The first one was Monday evenings (around 7:00pm).  It was at Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church right in the Montrose neighborhood at 2515 Waugh.  This tends to be more of an older crowd.

The second one is on Wednesday nights around the same time, 7:00pm.  It's at the Montrose Center at 401 Branard St.  The crowd there tends to be younger and hipper, but there can be more drama from the people in this group.

I'm confident there are other social groups in the area, I've just lost touch with a lot of them.  If you PM me your facebook profile, I'll be happy to introduce you to some local resources.
  •  

Chloe

Tarajo thanks I'm not the OP but have been commuting to Houston a lot lately and might just perform a cameo appearance if time permits!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Danielle Kristina

Quote from: TaraJo on September 29, 2018, 11:49:15 PM
I lived in Houston from 2009 - 2016.  I have a lot of facebook friends in the trans community who are still in the area.

Last I was there, there were a couple of support groups.  The first one was Monday evenings (around 7:00pm).  It was at Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church right in the Montrose neighborhood at 2515 Waugh.  This tends to be more of an older crowd.

The second one is on Wednesday nights around the same time, 7:00pm.  It's at the Montrose Center at 401 Branard St.  The crowd there tends to be younger and hipper, but there can be more drama from the people in this group.

I'm confident there are other social groups in the area, I've just lost touch with a lot of them.  If you PM me your facebook profile, I'll be happy to introduce you to some local resources.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond.  I haven't been very active on the forums lately.  I don't have a social media account right now. 

I figured the Montrose area would have some support groups, but I never knew when or where to go.  If I went I wouldn't be able to go very often though.  Montrose is quite a long drive from my side of town.  Still, once in a while I'd like to check the groups out.
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •