Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Tucking / warning of content.

Started by Coffeedrew, July 27, 2018, 04:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coffeedrew

I cannot find much info on tucking after orchirectomy compared to HRT. I know in general my flaccid friend has always been workable when I was younger but my other two friends have got in the way of tucking.I am pre hrt and I read HRT could reduce testicles by 50% mine have always been really big and pain in the butt really.I want to give HRT time to work then decide on this.For those who have done both, does HRT solve tucking issues after a year? After orchirectomy could you pass in a bikini or is that a GCS thing?

I dislike the negatives of long term effects of AA's I have read about and if I can pass with just a orchirectomy and hrt. I would much rather do that and possibly consider GCS in a few decades.
Thanks for reading.
  •  

Lady Sarah

If your penis could shrink significantly, you might be able to pass in a bikini, as long as you never bend over or spread your legs. Ultimately, you would need GCS in order to get away with a bikini.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

KathyLauren

My parts have shrunk considerably on HRT.  My penis is no more than half its former size.  Same for my testicles. 

The testicles pretty much tuck themselves these days, staying mostly internal, or at least slipping into their cavity with minimal encouragement.  The result is that I seldom make much of an effort to tuck.  I have a couple of pairs of stretchy skinny jeans that do show a little bulge.  I just wear some control briefs under them and the problem is gone.

I still wouldn't wear a bikini at a beach or use a women's locker room.  But for all other purposes, HRT has done the job.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

josie76

Tucking is easier since there is only one part to be of concern . The best part is that the two things are no longer there at all. No more accidental injury or pains from just being tucked too tight.
Without gcs I wouldn't try a bikini bottom.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Virginia

Eight years on a typical Estrogen/Spironalactone regimen my testicles have atrophied to the point that the scrotum appears completely empty. It's hard to imagine the body could restore the gland's function at this point. I often wonder if there is a point to continuing antiandrogens...

I have kept accurate records of penis length over this period and have noted an ~ 25% decrease in penis length/diameter. It's hard to know whether this is a hormonal effect or due to the infrequency of use because of the reduction in libido.

As far as a bikinis, my genitals were never particularly prominent (4 1/2" preHRT vs 3 3/8" now). My female alter felt comfortable wearing a bikini to the beach (with a pair of spanx panties underneath for insurance) 6 months after starting HRT. See related thread: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,239183.msg2155400.html
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

KatieP

Without tape or some mechanical means, I find that tucking is in some ways harder post HRT. Like others, there has been significant shrinkage of both testicles and penis. And like KathyLauren mentioned, the testicles are mostly up in the body. Which is good in most ways, but not so good for that monthly tumor check we are supposed to do at some age. (Even in bed in the morning or in the shower, it takes some unpleasant contortions to wiggle those things back into manipulation range.) But the tucking is tougher because the penis is so small. For me, tight control panties don't keep it down between the legs the way they used to. It seems there just isn't enough penile material to keep all in place.

I use light urinary panty liners to flatten everything out, and that seems to do well with yoga pants and tight jeans. This would not have worked pre-HRT because of the larger size, but post-HRT, it does well for me...

Kate
  •  

jill610

Interesting experiences in this thread!

I was at a session at PTWC last year where Toby Meltzer was suggesting that forcing a monthly or even weekly erection has beneficial effects on keeping the tissue intact and usable for grs, and lack of use over an extended time with mostly permanent tucking resulted in thinner, more fragile skin and less usable material. So something to think about, though unpleasant for many of us.

Anyways, I have not seen any reduction in penile size with hrt though flaccid is smaller most of the time. I am not sure if this is real or more caused by the significant reduction in testicular volume. I think the 50% reduction there might be conservative. Like others, they shrank within ninety days (which for me was a little painful) and basically pulled up into the canals. Takes some work to get them back down.

So I find even leggings fairly easy to wear and conceal though would not venture out with a leotard, bikini, bathing suit etc without grs, myself. My swim suit is skirted which gives me some confidence there.

•  

KatieP

Quote from: jill610 on July 29, 2018, 12:54:44 PM
Interesting experiences in this thread!

I was at a session at PTWC last year where Toby Meltzer was suggesting that forcing a monthly or even weekly erection has beneficial effects on keeping the tissue intact and usable for grs, and lack of use over an extended time with mostly permanent tucking resulted in thinner, more fragile skin and less usable material. So something to think about, though unpleasant for many of us.

I am in trouble then...

:)

Except for mild morning chubbiness during a year of no E, I have not had anything close to an erection for at least 7 years. I can't remember the exact year even. I don't know which would depress me more: trying to make that happen, or finding out it was actually impossible which might close an (unlikely) door...

For several reasons, I didn't think I was much of a candidate for bottom surgery, and this puts another nail in that coffin...

(And relating this to another thread talking about why one might attend GenderOdyssey, perhaps learning these sorts of things would be a good reason for even a non-op person to go... )

Kate

•  

Dena

Minimal tissue isn't a reason not to have bottom surgery. Dr Meltzer as well as many others work with skin grafts when there isn't sufficient material to work with. On the other hand, your endo can either back off on the blocker providing a low T level or use a jell to to raise your T levels to the feminine range where it might be possible to work the tissue. It might take a little while but if you haven't selected a surgeon yet, you probably have plenty of time.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Coffeedrew

I am feeling pretty confident about HRT then.I think ultimately I will be patient for 2-3 years and then see where I am at then decide on what needs to be done.I am also being realistic about expectations also and expecting the worst case hopefully I am surprised   :) Thanks for replies and that link was helpful.
  •