News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Debi & Tia's Grand Wedding Adventure

Started by Anne Blake, August 02, 2018, 06:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Quote from: Debi on February 18, 2019, 08:00:43 PM
I'm  posting the pic as proof that I can be a klutz and a margarita can be dangerous. Broken bone in the pinkie finger right where the finger and hand joint is. Splint, wrap and pain meds after the x-ray  confirmed I had actually done damage.

Ow!  Oh, @Debi , my biggest travel nightmare is an injury on the road, far from my usual support system.  I am very glad that you were able to get good care, and nobody gave you or Tia any trouble.

Stay safe, fasten your seat belt before any more margaritas, and do enjoy the rest of the road trip!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

anne_indy

Dear Debi - so sorry to read about you injury. I am glad that you were able to receive good treatment and get the appropriate pain meds to enable you to relax and sleep. Thank God for the pain meds. My only consolation would be thankfully you were not as badly injured as I was in my recent accident. I've still got a few more weeks off my right leg, so will be here in the US a while longer waiting for the body to heal and physical therapy to take its course.

Please have a safe rest of your journey back to Colorado. You need to be healthy for the next leg of your big adventure.

Much love to you both,
Brook
  •  

KathyLauren

Ow, ow, ow!!!  Broken bones suck.  I am glad that getting proper care was hassle-free, even in redneckland.  I hope your hand heals well, Debi!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

That is a very good thing to have a contingency plan in case of an emergency. Something I had never thought of until now. I'm glad you two found a friendly place to get help.

I'm sorry Debi but I think you had best leave those margaritas alone for the remainder of your trip hun! You seem to get banged up a lot on road trips ;) I mean gun-toting border guards, sore ribs, flying lawn mowers and now broken bones in a less than friendly environment. Sheezzz!

As for dealing with angry bigoted muggles, I carry pepper spray and a taser. I'm not sure how well these things will work on thick-headed bigots, but at least it's something?

I must say you two really have interestingly adventurous road trips. Have a safe trip home ladies. Remember I still want to meet you both on the West Coast trip.

Hugs!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Julie -2010

Quote from: Debi on February 18, 2019, 08:00:43 PM
Broken bone in the pinkie finger right where the finger and hand joint is.

Debi,  I'm so sorry, that is awful.  :(  Rest up and take care.  Safe travels home!!

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Debi

This is a catch up done one handed. Since we bounced around I am going back to Moni and Ann's which we got to after a night's stay just north of Richmond where we had a wonderful conversation with a waitress. Tia did her thing and we had the lady's history and passions before we were done with breakfast.

Moni and Ann. You two are great friends that we love to spend time with. We had a great visit at their home and even spent some time in Gettysburg seeing Moni's new favorite movie, The Green Book. We all cried. We also went to an old tavern restaurant and then viewed the house it was in which happened to be part of the Underground Railroad.
Ann and Deb
Tia Anne and Moni
Ended the evening by eating ice cream at a Friends Ice cream parlor. I had never heard of them before but the ice cream was delicious. Earlier in the visit to M and A's we had the opportunity to visit with first Terri and later the same day met Zelda and Marci. All great gals! This was another stop that we were sorry to see come to an end. But all good things must....

After leaving Maryland we dropped back south to spend a couple days with our favorite niece outside of Richmond, Virginia and her daughter who is an absolute delight. She fits somewhere on the LGBTQ spectrum and we had a wonderful time getting to meet with her over lunch in Newport News.

A couple of days in Virginia and now we are heading home. At least we are heading west southwest. One night in Nashville to catch supper with Tia's brother and then to Hot Springs, Arkansas. And now my story is back to me typing one handed. We spent a night in Sulfur Springs, Texas and now we are back to the Dallas area and Tia has spent her day with her favorite electrocutioner and in two days we will be home. I am looking forward to my own bed.
Kitty making sure we cross the Texas border

Signing off on DAY 37
Deb And Tia, a couple of tired crazy ladies who are wondering how we actually got through this crazy trip with only a messed up wheel well and a broken pinkie finger.
  •  

christinej78

Hi Deb and Tia,                      21 February 2019

Lovely people and photos. I'm sorry I missed you gals yesterday. Discretion being the better part of valor, I had to remain close to home. Driving at night is now out for the foreseeable future. Until I have a reasonable diagnosis and treatment plan, my activities are drastically curtailed.

I'm looking forward to getting things straightened up here where I spend my days, so I can be where my heart is. I have a lot to do here but I will make it to Phoenix this spring.

Hope your pinky is doing well Deb. You will be fine I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing you Ladies later this year.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

steph2.0

You need to be more careful on this last leg. After all, most accidents happen within five miles of home. [emoji6]

The Barnstorming Beauties' tracking map is up to date through Lewisville, TX. Y'all enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KzZ1G8_P2AVdJlCvb5HPI1_SvePbAfuZ&usp=sharing

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Wow Tia and Debi! You ladies really covered a lot of ground. Just out of curiosity, did Moni mention anything about my theme song? I seem to be experiencing a song writer's block ??? Oh well, no rush.

Have a safe trip home ladies. Hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Donica on February 21, 2019, 10:18:26 AM
Wow Tia and Debi! You ladies really covered a lot of ground. Just out of curiosity, did Moni mention anything about my theme song? I seem to be experiencing a song writer's block ??? Oh well, no rush.

Have a safe trip home ladies. Hugs.

Donica, I had something great lined up until I found out Frank Sinatra died. Back to the drawing board.

Hope the pinky is feeling better, Deb!

I think you actually caught a ghost sitting next to beautiful Tia in the Dobbin house restaurant. Well, I thought so til I realized it was a cringe worthy picture of me. Of gosh, I hope I don't look that bad. Oh well!

I hope you two sleep for a week when you get home. We miss you ladies.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Anne Blake

Today is day 38 and of course Deb had to finish off yesterday's post with the foreboding statement of, "Signing off on DAY 37
Deb And Tia, a couple of tired crazy ladies who are wondering how we actually got through this crazy trip with only a messed up wheel well and a broken pinkie finger."

So today heading out of Lewisville towards Amarillo, ten miles from the flying lawnmower incident a truck tossed up some rocks and cost us a windshield and later unloading our luggage I even broke a nail...far enough down to make a mess of things. So much for day 38, I can't wait to see what day 39 brings as we try to get home by nightfall.

Deb may have some to add to this fun stuff later, so for now, signing out,

Tia Anne
  •  

anne_indy

Stay safe on your last day of the trip. Looks cold (not Danielle cold, but still very cold) and a little snowy in your neck of the woods. Time for you to be warm and safe in your cozy home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Debi

Tia gave you an update on how DAY 38 tracked. I might have jinxed us with my sign off but the fates that watch over those kind of remarks paid me in full. Checking in to our last hotel for this trip I must have been looking pretty bad because the lady on the desk asked me to sit while Tia checked us in. I went to the room while Tia got our stuff from the car and coming back in the lady told her how wonderful she was at taking care of me. It was nice of her to notice but later when I called down to the desk to check on something she thought she was talking to Tia and she then referred to me as Tia's mom. Ok it is definitely time to be home.

Actually it amused me as this is something we discussed but didn't think it would or could happen until after Tia's facial surgery. Well, that happens in a little over a month. For anyone paying attention you caught that, Tia and Deb's travels are not ending. On the 25th of March we are off on our next adventure. A week in Paris, two weeks along the Costa del Sol in Spain where Tia will not be on vacation and a week in Barcelona. I think she has or will be starting a thread and I will post our adventures on that as she tells you all about her journey through the looking glass.

One more post, hopefully from home and this trip is at "The End".

Signing off for DAY 38
Deb
  •  

KathyLauren

Yikes, what a way to end the trip!  Obviously you need a force field around your vehicle.  Shields up!

I hope your next trip is free from flying objects unless you are inside them.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Debi

Day 38 Again because yesterdays post was DAY 37

Somehow falling down caused me to miscount but...We are home. Safely!  We got in around 5:30 p.m. Through a day that had fog, rain, sunny blue skies, snow sleet and freezing roads. We immediately went back out and met Cody at a restaurant to celebrate Tia's birthday and then came home and I began to make lists of the who, what, and where's this trip was all about. Honeymoon Part Two had 15 States covered in 38 days and 6,583 miles driven. We connected with 12 ladies from Susan's and 8 family members. Also along the way we met a bunch of total strangers who became instant friends for the moment. We exchanged stories, secrets and travel memories. Each encounter ended with a smile and often times a hug.

So what has this all been about? Let me take you back to the beginning. Our journey began a year ago with an unplanned stop in a wedding dress shop in Plano, Texas. Two dresses later and we are making calls to our friends saying we bought wedding gowns and were looking for folks who wanted to party with us. And party we did and we owe so many of you all, thanks for making it happen. Laurie and Michelle, the reception wouldn't of happened if you hadn't been there with us the week of the ceremony. Kendra, your artistry on the violin is amazing. Stephanie and Cassandra, Florida to Colorado is a far distance to come to be part of a wedding party. Jessica Rose and Susan, the photos are wonderful. Julie, we fought over which one of us was going to get to claim you as bridesmaid. Then you all pulled the Pleiades House together, and though the time was short, it was such a bonding time. And that's what it is all about! That is what being a woman is! We are relational. We serve, we love, we need. We are emotional. We cry, we laugh, we share. Our greetings are a hug. Our leavings are another one.

That's how the journey started. A week later we started our honeymoon trip to connected with those of you who couldn't join us. Special thank you to Kathy and Wendy and to Moni and Ann for having us in your homes and spending such wonderful time with us before Florence sent us running for home. The first part of the honeymoon was 6,121 miles, 17 States, 5 Provinces of Canada and 5 lovely ladies from Susan's. Yes, there were also some of those total stranger encounters on that leg also. (Tia doesn't know how not to talk to people.) In total we travelled 12,704 miles through 28 States and 5 Provinces. Most important of all, is that we had the opportunity to actually hug 20 of you from Susan's Place. Did I mention that most women like to touch?

I send my apologies to Christine and Lindy, I have no pics of you and you were a part of our journey. If you send me a selfie I will add your shots to the rest. Thank you for being who you are.

Thank you Ladies for sharing this journey with us. This is what real life is all about.

Signing out.
Deb and Tia Anne
  •  

anne_indy

Glad that you are safely home. What an amazing journey (all of it, including what's yet to come). Great relationships and great memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

KathyLauren

I am happy that you arrived safely home.  What a great photo montage: a whole bunch of lovely ladies, all brought together by you two!  It was truly an epic adventure.
  •  

steph2.0

In that way, for those times, you two were the center of our Universe. A perfect example of the power of love.

Thank you.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Kendra

Oh wow - all these photos and friends in one place!  And what an amazing journey.

Congratulations Deb & Tia Anne and thank you so much for sharing.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Donica

Wheeuuu! I'm glad you both made it home safe. Sorry to hear about the windshield. So many miles and so many wonderful people, making so many beautiful memories. Thank you for sharing you journey with us Tia and Debi and thanks for the pictures of the hole gang that shared their love and warmth with you along the way.

Bug hugs everyone!
  •