Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Celebrating 18 months on HRT!!

Started by Julie -2010, August 06, 2018, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie -2010

Just hit my 18 months anniversary on HRT.  My labs look great and I haven't felt any better than I do now and I'm HAPPY.  Best decision I've ever made.  I hope those decisions continue...

The noticeable effects have slow down and changes I have wanted haven't all come true with what you hope HRT would do.  But I'll take what I can get.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

gracefulhat

Quote from: Julie -2010 on August 06, 2018, 09:20:40 PM
Just hit my 18 months anniversary on HRT.  My labs look great and I haven't felt any better than I do now and I'm HAPPY.  Best decision I've ever made.  I hope those decisions continue...

The noticeable effects have slow down and changes I have wanted haven't all come true with what you hope HRT would do.  But I'll take what I can get.

Julie

Congratulations Julie! Could you be specific about what hasn't come true?
Above all, love
  •  

Jessica

So happy for you Julie!  Don't count out all the effects slowing to a stop.  It could be just a lull in the action.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

DawnOday

Congratulations Julie.. I am just hitting my second anniversary. I agree it is so wonderful but there is more to come. HRT are not miracle pills. In my case they are picking up where they left off when I was born. My female centered brain is back in sync to my early years. I hope your life is as blessed as mine has been. I was unwilling to acknowledge it until I started and now everything is better. Including my marriage.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Julie -2010

Quote from: gracefulhat on August 06, 2018, 09:45:54 PM
Congratulations Julie! Could you be specific about what hasn't come true?
I understand it isn't magic and it doesn't work quickly.  Just impatience.  Well probably some of the things may come true with more time.  Time will tell.  My breast development isn't where I thought it would be (AA) and I thought I would see more changes in my face.   I know it can't shrink my nose to a smaller size, but I was hoping.  I really noticed my skin change in the first 3 months but I really haven't noticed much since.  Doesn't mean it hasn't.  My hips and butt I have notice changes again in the first few months and then not really much since.  My male pants are a little tighter but I haven't had to change the size yet so it doesn't seem like too much change there.  I know some report on shoe size getting a little smaller but again I haven't noticed anything.  YET.  :)  It is funny when I first started HRT I thought I going to have to do all of this stuff to hide the breast and I would start getting male fail.  I haven't had to do that at all.

But I am HAPPY and that is what counts.

Julie 
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Julie,

So happy about your year and a half anniversary, but more than that, your statement, "I haven't felt any better than I do now and I'm HAPPY". Great news.

As far as the growth, expect breaks in it. I am in my 26 month and the girls have just started another round of soreness and growth (yes I am loving it). They had taken a break since last September and I thought that they were done but that is not the case. Plus, looking at one and two year old photos, my face is continuing to soften, far past what I had hoped for prior to the little blue pills. A common word of encouragement that I have heard from some of our sisters that have been on hrt much longer than I have is that, while things slow down, they do continues for three to five years and in some cases even longer. So both you and I have hope!

Take care sister and see you soon,
Tia Anne
  •  

Julie -2010

Quote from: DawnOday on August 06, 2018, 10:01:51 PM
I hope your life is as blessed as mine has been. I was unwilling to acknowledge it until I started and now everything is better. Including my marriage.
3 years ago my life was not blessed and going down fast.  I'm on the correct path now and I do see now how I have been blessed with a lot.  It is still early but hopefully my marriage will be one of those things.

Julie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Julie -2010 on August 06, 2018, 10:33:18 PM
3 years ago my life was not blessed and going down fast.  I'm on the correct path now and I do see now how I have been blessed with a lot.  It is still early but hopefully my marriage will be one of those things.

Julie

@julie 2010
Dear Julie....
Wow, very good news indeed. 

Regard your progress with HRT... 
...here are some of my thoughts as it may relate to the fact that you just hit your 18 month anniversary of HRT.

As has been stated over and over here on the Forums... and by me in many of my comments on various posts, HRT will work uniquely on your unique body.
What you read about other transitioning members experiences with HRT most likely will not be identical to your own experiences.
Some will experience more significant changes more quickly and then some will experience less significant changes more slowly....   it is all up to your genes and how your body reacts to the HRT.   Your doctor has been undoubtedly  looking at your frequent blood test results during your journey to determine if any alterations in the HRT regimen are needed.
The adage that you have probably already heard regarding HRT and how it may work for various individuals  is "YMMV"  meaning that Your Mileage May Vary.   
PATIENCE is definitely required.... usually not much happens very quickly with HRT... but changes will happen.  Do some reading of other transitioners posts and look many of the posted HRT timelines and the before and after pictures. ....  they can give you a rough idea of what you MIGHT expect.

Without a doubt this can be very "EXCITING and SCARY all at the same time."   Continue to hang on for an amazing ride.  Some of my best and most appreciated body changes happened at the start of year #2 so for you there could be much more to come your way.

We are here to rejoice with you in the good times and to support you in the not so good times.
One more time.... PATIENCE is required.   The attitude of many people today is "I want it all and I want it now" ... that will not apply to HRT.

Hugs and well wishes... we will be looking for your updates as you feel free to post them.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •