Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Milestone with wife

Started by Julie -2010, August 06, 2018, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie -2010

Last Sunday was a milestone for me.  My wife attended my church with me.  She has never gone out with me in our home state of Colorado.  She did go out with me in Las Vegas twice but was very uncomfortable.  She told me a about a month ago that she wanted to attend with me and meet some of my friends.  I told her anytime, but I still wasn't sure she would go through with it.  It went well and she gave me positive feedback about the church and how accepting they are.  I don't know if she will go again but it is a start.

I have a wedding this Saturday and she is going to attend with me so chalk up another in the plus column.  I'll have to let you know how it goes.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

KatieP

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single footstep...

Congratulations!!!

Kate
  •  

Sonja

@Julie -2010

I'm very happy for you, I love hearing about couples making an effort to work through all of this, and on each other.

Sonja.
  •  

Laurie K

looks like BABY steps in the right direction .... so happy for you

The ball is now rolling....I hope it doesnt run me 0ver
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Julie -2010 on August 06, 2018, 10:27:23 PM
Last Sunday was a milestone for me.  My wife attended my church with me.  She has never gone out with me in our home state of Colorado.  She did go out with me in Las Vegas twice but was very uncomfortable.  She told me a about a month ago that she wanted to attend with me and meet some of my friends.  I told her anytime, but I still wasn't sure she would go through with it.  It went well and she gave me positive feedback about the church and how accepting they are.  I don't know if she will go again but it is a start.

I have a wedding this Saturday and she is going to attend with me so chalk up another in the plus column.  I'll have to let you know how it goes.

Julie

@Julie -2010
Dear Julie:
This is all very exciting and very good news, thank you for sharing these great moments in your life with us.
You have had a really good breakthrough with your wife... you are very fortunate indeed.. 
This is certainly a milestone, as you called it, that you will want to make note of in your transition journal... 

Your followers and readers... and I ... will definitely be looking for more updates from you.
We will rejoice with you in the good reports and support you with our words and thought in the not so good reports.
Here on the Forums we are you biggest fans... we are rooting for you.

Hugs and hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •