Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Wait Times for Phalloplasty

Started by maiLMan, August 13, 2018, 02:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maiLMan

Hey all,

I have a phalloplasty consultation scheduled with Dr. Bluebond-Langer for early October and I have a few questions. I graduated high school two months ago and have decided to take a gap year instead of start at college in the fall, giving me time to get everything in order to go through with bottom surgery. However, in order to fully heal by the start of next school year I'd need to schedule a surgery date to later than mid-June 2019.

I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. B-L, and I'm fully set on going to her as a surgeon barring any unforeseen issues (I'm instate and she is covered by my insurance). The only issue is that I've heard she is getting quite popular and that it may be difficult to schedule a date at maximum eight and a half months after my consultation. Is there anything I can do about this? How often does she have cancellations? Does anyone have any idea of how long her phalloplasty wait list is? And, if not next summer, I'll be attending NYU starting next fall and winter break lasts about 5-6 weeks, so would it be possible to schedule surgery and recover within that timeframe? I know that her first stage is essentially a metoidioplasty, so would it be the same recovery time as a full phalloplasty?

I figure that--again, barring any unforeseen complications--I can at least schedule surgery between my freshman and sophomore year (summer 2020), but given that I'm taking a gap year it would be ideal to get it done before I start at college so I don't have any issues while dorming. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  •  

CMD042414

Hi. I just had stage 1 with her 4 weeks ago. You can PM me and we can chat via email of you like. I don't frequent this site much anymore.
Started T: April 2014
Top Surgery: June 2014
Hysterectomy: August 2015
Phalloplasty: Stage 1-August 2018
  •