Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

More Permanent Makeup

Started by Roberta W, August 15, 2018, 10:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberta W

* First I had "microblading" done to enhance my eyebrows ... It didn't last very long.
* Next I had them do "Permanent Makeup" on my eyebrows, a much more "solid" appearance ... That's still holding up.
* After that I had permanent eyeliner done, top & bottom ... That really gave a nice look, and it apparently lasts much longer than the eyebrow "permanent" makeup.
* After a "touch-up" on the eyebrows and the eyeliner, I also went for permanent lip-color makeup.  To be honest, that was a miserable experience, but the result is nice.  Just a "deep natural" color, reddish in general ... But I can still use lipstick over that for special occasions.
* The lip color makeup also needed a touch-up after 4-weeks, but that is complete now.
* Most recently I've added what they call a "second eyeliner", which essentially widens the eyeliner on the top lid only.  That still requires it's 4-week touch-up later this month.  The aesthetician suggested that it would look better than an attempt at eye shadow ... I went with her suggestion.

I really, really like the permanent makeup.  It never runs, it never smears, I can rub an itch ... And I don't spend half the day touching up my lipstick every time I eat or drink anything.
I get my eyebrows waxed about once a month, that's about all the maintenance I do.  They claim I'll need a permanent eyebrow touch-up after about 12 months.

If anyone were to ask me "would I do it again?" ... I'd say for the eyebrows, certainly.  For the eye-liners, yes.  For the lip color ... Maybe.  That was a painful experience, but if it ever fades away, I'll probably just go back to touching up my lipstick ... But I like the result I have right now.

Just offering my two-cents worth!
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •