News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Is this a mark from Russia and China?

Started by GingerVicki, August 23, 2018, 11:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

Am I being paranoid?

"China's contribution to the massive exercises will be 3,200 troops, 900 weapons, and 30 planes and helicopters, which will deploy from September 11 to 15 at Russia's Tsugol training range near where the borders of Russia, China and eastern Mongolia meet, China's Defense Ministry said in a statement."

Here is the article
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/asia/russia-largest-war-games-intl/index.html

by Brad Lendon
  •  

MaryT

Like the graffiti said,
"Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

You couldn't possibly be paranoid enough.

•  

Alice V

Shoo!
I've heard both Moscow and Pekin don't like USA sanctions and wanna spit to Thrump's face :) But I don't go deep into politics.
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

GingerVicki

I usually don't post things like this, but I just think this is pretty obvious.

Kinda like how India possibly had a huge scientific break though and will not give the data to the US. They are going through 'other' parties to have their finding verified. Presumably Russia and/or China.
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Vesh on August 23, 2018, 03:17:00 PM
Shoo!
I've heard both Moscow and Pekin don't like USA sanctions and wanna spit to Thrump's face :) But I don't go deep into politics.

Shoo!

I like that.  Traditionally, it is as good a way as any to dispose of threats.  Meryl Streep used it to good effect in Out of Africa, as I recall. 

Martin Luther bared his buttocks to scare away evil spirits, and regiments of Zulu women sometimes waved their bare bottoms at the enemy before their menfolk went into battle, so that might work too.

I believe that you are right about Russia and China's motives. 

Maneouvres are a form of sabre rattling as well as military training.  It is particularly significant for Russia, as Hitler used maneouvres as a cover for Operation Barbarossa.  Russia and China are also reminding the world that they are now allies.

Quote from: gingerViktorKay on August 23, 2018, 03:29:31 PM
I usually don't post things like this, but I just think this is pretty obvious.

Kinda like how India possibly had a huge scientific break though and will not give the data to the US. They are going through 'other' parties to have their finding verified. Presumably Russia and/or China.

I don't know about the subject you mentioned but India is one of the most independent and least aligned countries in the world.  They have been to war with China, though and they still dispute the current borders, so I doubt that they will ally themselves with China.  I believe that they have good relations with Russia, though, and Indian students have studied there since the middle of the twentieth century.

•  

Dena

It sounds like they are trying to establish something like NATO. That in it's self wouldn't be dangerous however if they decide to become aggressive or should they make a Dr Strangelove mistake, the outcome wouldn't be nice. Both Russia and China aren't happy with some of the United States policies however it shouldn't be enough to force a war unless somebody gets really greedy. The only one's who know the answer to this is Russia and China as the United States has given up it's territorial ambitions over 100 years ago. After than, every war we have been involved in, we returned the captured land to the owners of the land.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Dena on August 23, 2018, 07:38:08 PM
It sounds like they are trying to establish something like NATO. That in it's self wouldn't be dangerous however if they decide to become aggressive or should they make a Dr Strangelove mistake, the outcome wouldn't be nice. Both Russia and China aren't happy with some of the United States policies however it shouldn't be enough to force a war unless somebody gets really greedy. The only one's who know the answer to this is Russia and China as the United States has given up it's territorial ambitions over 100 years ago. After than, every war we have been involved in, we returned the captured land to the owners of the land.

This is a great point. I don't think any rational country wants to start WWIII. There is nothing to gain, but that certainly does not stop the proxies.

Although, I do believe that the US helped Israel gain/retain their land. But that is not provable and history states that Israel did it on their own. They were attached on all sides and did not have time to fully build an infrastructure. If they did do it on their own, I would dare to say that it is a modern day miracle.
  •  

Angelic

My question to you is, which countries have displayed consistent indications of being rational?

QuoteAlthough, I do believe that the US helped Israel gain/retain their land. But that is not provable and history states that Israel did it on their own. They were attached on all sides and did not have time to fully build an infrastructure. If they did do it on their own, I would dare to say that it is a modern day miracle.
There are Zionists in every corner of American government, so no miracles here.
Intolerables, everywhere...cannot escape them.
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Angelic on August 23, 2018, 10:43:50 PM
My question to you is, which countries have displayed consistent indications of being rational?
Micro-wars and disputes will never go away. Now starting WWIII is whole different situation. No one wants a global war.

Quote from: Angelic on August 23, 2018, 10:43:50 PM
There are Zionists in every corner of American government, so no miracles here.

...And rumor had it that Obama was Muslim. Obama was quoted more than once stating that "Religion is the problem" and this leads me to believe that he could be atheist. Certainly an atheist isn't a Zionist. That man helped transgendered people more than anyone else in history. I am glad that I voted for him. :)

...And then there is Trump. Who draws the Christian crowd. He has been allegedly caught being racist.  If that is not the WOW of WTF idk what is.

How can a racist be Christian? Jesus was Middle Eastern, which mean that he was African, which presumably means that he was not white.

I am not sure if Trump is a Zionist. Hell, at this point I'm not sure if he would know if he was.
  •  

Angelic

Quote from: gingerViktorKay on August 23, 2018, 11:12:22 PM
Micro-wars and disputes will never go away. Now starting WWIII is whole different situation. No one wants a global war.

Are you sure that noone does? Surely there are some who do.

...And rumor had it that Obama was Muslim. Obama was quoted more than once stating that "Religion is the problem" and this leads me to believe that he could be atheist. Certainly an atheist isn't a Zionist. That man helped transgendered people more than anyone else in history. I am glad that I voted for him. :)

...And then there is Trump. Who draws the Christian crowd. He has been allegedly caught being racist.  If that is not the WOW of WTF idk what is.

How can a racist be Christian? Jesus was Middle Eastern, which mean that he was African, which presumably means that he was not white.

I am not sure if Trump is a Zionist. Hell, at this point I'm not sure if he would know if he was.
90% of American politicians are Zionist. Most do not even bother to hide it. America is a supporter of the Zionist cause.

How can a racist be Christian? The way a tomato can be both a fruit and a vegetable: It does not perfectly fit the categories defined.
Intolerables, everywhere...cannot escape them.
  •  

Alice V

Well our patriarch of russian orthodoxal church have yacht, lexus, was involved in tobacco import and for sure cheated at elections because our big anonymus community opposed him and raised their own candidate but votes magically changed in good for current patriarch way: Religion is buisness here. And it supposed to be Christian. Historically it was created in purpose of crowd control, at least, here, to unite those scattered who prayed to different idols and force them to pray to Jesus.

I won't push it any further because I don't want to start holy war here, I just saying people may not be sincere in their beliefs. It may be tool for Trump.

I doubt our government really wanna start big
wars, they are criminal buisnessmen not crazy evil villains.
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

MaryT

Gosh, look how I spelled manoeuvre.  I'm always getting that one wrong.  I blame the French.

... the United States has given up it's territorial ambitions over 100 years ago. ...

True.  The US still occupies territory gained from Spain but that was in 1898.  It also acquired the Virgin Islands in 1917 but that was just over 100 years ago.  The last major wars against Native Americans were also over a century ago, although according to Wikipedia, the Apache Wars continued until 1924.

... After than, every war we have been involved in, we returned the captured land to the owners of the land. ...

Well, the US didn't keep captured land for itself.  However, at the end of WW2, much of Germany, specifically Prussia, was divided between our allies Poland and the Soviet Union.  Kaliningrad was once Königsberg, the home of the German philospher Kant.  Russia still occupies the Japanese Kuril Islands.

China and Russia have staked claims quite recently, though, with Russia destroying the Ukrainian armed forces to help the largely Russian population of Crimea gain independence, and China building islands to claim the entire China Seas up to the Philippines.

•  

MaryT

Quote from: Vesh on August 24, 2018, 02:12:19 AM
I doubt our government really wanna start big
wars, they are criminal buisnessmen not crazy evil villains.

I think that you are right.  World wars are not the most profitable ways of doing business.  On the other hand, wars sometimes start because one country tries to prevent another country from doing business, e.g. Japan regarded US sanctions as a justification for war in WW2.
  •  

GingerVicki

Well... I guess other view it as a mark as well.

Norfolk, Va. — There's a new sheriff in town and his name is Woody.

But he doesn't wear a cowboy hat or ride a horse.

He's Vice Adm. Andrew "Woody" Lewis, a highly decorated combat aviator, and he took command of the Navy's newly reestablished 2nd Fleet during a Friday ceremony aboard the aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush.

His beat now is what strategists increasingly say is America's backdoor — the Atlantic Ocean — and it now will be patrolled by his Norfolk-based 2nd Fleet.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/08/25/back-to-the-future-with-2nd-fleet/
  •  

Jessica

:police:mod alert:police:

Let's all keep in mind to respect one another, whether they're a member or not.
No bashing of anyone is allowed.
Political views can be volatile in nature, so keep it cool.

Thanks, Jessica
Global Moderator

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•