Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma1017

Ok I wasn't expecting cravings as part of HRT therapy.  Came out of nowhere over the weekend but they are definitely cravings.

Thank God I have control and my weight is still going down.  I am really picking my spots:  popcorn, cheese and crackers and M&M peanuts...

Chicken and steak really appealed as well.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Other than that no changes other than the quiet peace that Kirsten talked about.  I really needed that.

I also smile when I touch the patch to make sure it is still there :)
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 12, 2018, 12:53:13 PM
Ok I wasn't expecting cravings as part of HRT therapy.  Came out of nowhere over the weekend but they are definitely cravings.

Thank God I have control and my weight is still going down.  I am really picking my spots:  popcorn, cheese and crackers and M&M peanuts...

Other than that no changes other than the quiet peace that Kirsten talked about.  I really needed that.

Dill pickles and olives to excess! Also loving the salt and vinegar chips in moderation!

Lacy
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Emma1017

It's a funny sensation.  I never had cravings like this before.

•  

Linde

Are you girls sure that you are not pregnant? ???  The carvings seem to indicate that!  ;D >:-)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

LizK

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 12, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

Hi Emma

your post made me think about my first HRT appointment lol

Me to my HRT Dr as she wrote out my first scrip

"What side effects should I expect from this Oestrogen"

She replied somewhat bemused

"about 3 kgs"

It was more like 10kgs not 3kgs [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Emma1017

Jeez I hope I'm not pregnant.  It's not like passing a kidney stone!  Ouch!

Sorry Dietlind, I can't explain it but the craving does remind me of when my wife was pregnant.  I am not telling her because she will enjoy the irony.

What's next, cramps?  That would absolutely make her laugh!
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 12, 2018, 02:42:20 PM
Jeez I hope I'm not pregnant.  It's not like passing a kidney stone!  Ouch!

Sorry Dietlind, I can't explain it but the craving does remind me of when my wife was pregnant.  I am not telling her because she will enjoy the irony.

What's next, cramps?  That would absolutely make her laugh!

All three times my wife was pregnant, she had very mild cravings. I ended up with Couvade syndrome. I had all sorts of wild and crazy cravings at all hours of the night and day!

The unfortunate thing is, she has lost all her pregnancy weight and I am still holding onto mine!

Shedding it slowly but surely,
Lacy

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on November 11, 2018, 08:01:25 PM
I have the patch on now for almost 4 days, and I feel nothing, not any change at all!  As I said before, I am on the highest dose of finastride for about 6 years now, but I do not feel any mood changes or any other of the side effects from that one either, it just solved my problem of blood in the urine.

I wonder whether the entire medication stuff manifests itself different with intersex people?

Hi  Miss Kitty,                       13 November 2018

I was taking Flomax for my enlarged prostate. You mentioned taking Finasteride for about 6 years now. I'm assuming you have either hair loss or an enlarged prostate. I was on estradiol patches four days and I no longer needed Flomax; I was peeing normally for the first time in over 20 years.

I never felt a sudden change from estradiol other than the ability to pee better. As time went on I found myself mellowing out, becoming less judgmental, more emotional and happier. Once the orchie was done, I felt less aggressive and no longer on edge.

Wishing you all the best on your journey; I'm really enjoying mine, especially since a special Lady has come into my life.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, friends and all the folks here at Susan's Place.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on November 13, 2018, 01:42:21 AM
Hi  Miss Kitty,                       13 November 2018

I was taking Flomax for my enlarged prostate. You mentioned taking Finasteride for about 6 years now. I'm assuming you have either hair loss or an enlarged prostate. I was on estradiol patches four days and I no longer needed Flomax; I was peeing normally for the first time in over 20 years.

I never felt a sudden change from estradiol other than the ability to pee better. As time went on I found myself mellowing out, becoming less judgmental, more emotional and happier. Once the orchie was done, I felt less aggressive and no longer on edge.

Wishing you all the best on your journey; I'm really enjoying mine, especially since a special Lady has come into my life.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, friends and all the folks here at Susan's Place.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Hi Chris,
The reason that I take Finasteride is not really because of an enlarged prostate, and definitely not because of hair loss.  I am intersex, and do not loose hair (at least not anything more than an average cis woman of my age).
I have a medical condition in which my normal sized prostate pushed on two feines inside my bladder, and causes them to leak blood into the bladder.  By reducing the size of my prostate, this pressure is removed and the leaking of blood stops.  I never ever had the typical urinating problems of "normal" men,.  This might also be because of my intersex condition????

In some medical/biological areas, intersex people are a little different of normal cis people, and our body behaves a little different (like growing boobs without extra estrogen).  Even the removal of my testicles might still require me to take Finasteride, because my prostate needs to be kept as little as possible.  I was told that I need to take this medication for the rest of my life.

Because of the fact that my body has always been semi feminin, i. e., no body hair, no Adams Apple, soft skin, etc., I do not have those "normal" check points a transgender MtF has, to see how estrogen changes his/her body.  But yet, I consider myself to be transgender, because I want to shed that male thing that was assigned to me at birth and want to allow my female side to come out.
That is the reason why I wonder, what estrogen will do to me.  I can't judge boob growth, because that is happening already.  What will be happening to me?

Thank you for your wishes, and I hope your journey will continue to be great!  I have already lot's of fun on mine, because now I can shop for a whole new wardrobe again! (I always loved to by clothing and shoes - that intersex thing again????)

•  

Emma1017

Fortunately I have had some control over the cravings.  I have lost 35 pounds over the last 10 months and I am going to defend that effort!

Using M&M peanuts for control.

It sounds like the cravings stop after a few days.
  •  

Linde

Just had my psychologist hour this morning.  I asked her about those carvings, and she laughed and said that is so normal.  Everyone of her patients early on estrogen seems to have those.  It seems as if our body really believes we are pregnant!

Now we just have to think about a name for our imaginary babies!

•  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                           13 November 2018

Cravings, I know what they are; have had them most of my life. So I guess that means I have been pregnant 73 of the 78 orbits I have made around the Sun.

Glad you all decided to discuss the subject; if you hadn't, I'd still be wondering ...... and eating junk food. With all that in mind, for B-fast I had a banana, bowl of cooked oats w/raisins, a glass of OJ (thank you Dear) and my usual combination of supplements.

I feel so healthy and good I am going to treat myself to a chocolate-chip cookie I baked a couple of days back and placed in the freezer for safe keeping and long term storage. Now, with super self control, I'm going retrieve one of those cookies and the package it's in.

I'll sit here at my desk, freezing my butt(no heat), slowly removing the cookie I had in mind from its package. I'll eat that cookie slowly while sipping hot chocolate w/oodles of whipped cream, savoring each morsel of said cookie. When that cookie has been consumed I'm going to exercise extreme self control and EAT EVERY LAST COOKIE in the bag.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                    13 November 2018

Rethought my last comment: ".....EAT EVERY LAST COOKIE in the bag." The Love of my Life and common sense prevailed; last check. all cookies are intact and where they are supposed to be: "In the freezer."

Enjoy your cravings, just don't let them get out of hand like I do.

Best Always, Love
Chris
  •  

Emma1017

Pregnant?  Great.

I am not sharing that with my wife.  She will think that hysterical.  Actually I think its pretty funny too!

We need to laugh more!

God knows we deal with enough stuff.
  •  

Emma1017

Ok my avatar is the photo taken on my last birthday a week before I started HRT.  I have been afraid to post it.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 14, 2018, 07:26:50 PM
Ok my avatar is the photo taken on my last birthday a week before I started HRT.  I have been afraid to post it.
You look pretty darn good to me!  Just the right body to be pregnant!

•  

Emma1017

Are you saying that the outfit makes me look fat:)
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 15, 2018, 06:20:01 AM

It is a lovely outfit accented by very cute shoes!
Lacy

•  

Linde

Quote from: Emma1017 on November 15, 2018, 06:20:01 AM
Not at all.  But you look feminin enough to make anybody belief that you could get pregnant!

•  

Emma1017

Thanks Dietlind.  That makes me feel better.  I'll pass on getting pregnant though.

Thanks Lacy.  I really felt very comfortable in that outfit and I also really liked the shoes.
  •