Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma1017

Sorry Gina, a very Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and everyone else.
  •  

GinaG

The schools were tough back then.  I was at St John's Prep. We weren't too mean.
We left the year after 9/11.  What a time.
  •  

Emma1017

If you get a chance watch Heaven Help Us, a 1985 movie about growing up Catholic in Brooklyn. It was shot near my house.  It nails the experience. 
  •  

KimOct

I missed the fun today.  Still dealing poker one day a week.  Sundays.

Emma - that timeline was amazing.  Thanks for sharing that.  Most of us lived something pretty similar but it was very well done and I got a little sappy.  :)  Very well written.

I guess we are sisters in a way.  Sisters support each other - that's what we do.  I wish we had lived it but maybe we can have a tiny taste of it by goofing around. 

Just so you both know I am the favorite.  :D ;D
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Emma1017

I just can't stop crying. Why?  I really hurt.  Why, it makes no sense.   It just came out of nowhere.  I really hate this.  I just can't stop. Sorry this came out of no where. Damn hormones
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Emma1017 on March 18, 2019, 12:31:52 AM
I just can't stop crying. Why?  I really hurt.  Why, it makes no sense.   It just came out of nowhere.  I really hate this.  I just can't stop. Sorry this came out of of where. Damn hormones
oh, this, yeah. When this happens to me my wife (and my gal friends as well) just look at me and say, "Welcome to being a woman"

So, no sympathy there :P
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Emma1017 on March 18, 2019, 12:31:52 AM
I just can't stop crying. Why?  I really hurt.  Why, it makes no sense.   It just came out of nowhere.  I really hate this.  I just can't stop. Sorry this came out of of where. Damn hormones
I actually liked when that happened to me.
Hormones more stable after 2 years so I don't get that as often anymore.

Combination of testosterone and social pressure to "man-up" never let that happen before. It's like Captain Barbosa in Pirates of the Caribbean when he got shot.

"I feel".

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Emma1017

I got up this morning and read your post Faith and just laughed out loud. Tonya you followed up and nailed it. 

You both are right which means I finally made it to female with HRT in my fourth month.  Yay!

I still present very male physically.  The mirror isn't the true reflection.  I keep forgetting that the HRT isn't waiting for the surgeries, I am very much transitioning inside right now.

Wow I am such an amateur! ;D ;D ;D

Hugs,

Emma
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Emma1017 on March 18, 2019, 08:19:54 AM
Wow I am such an amateur! ;D ;D ;D

Don't worry Emma, there's lots of us amateurs around although I would enjoy being paid to transition.  ;D
  •  

Emma1017

Paige we are all professional transgender "athletes".  Who else would or could put up with this pain, both emotional and physical?
  •  

KimOct

Emma I will send you your official membership card.   :D  Welcome to the club !!

Edit - Just wait until your T is gone - Oh My  ;D 
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

HappyMoni

Am I too late to sign up for the Olympic Sobbing events? My main event is the 40 yard tear jerker. Or was that a snatch and jerk? Oh I don't know, I'm so confused!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Emma1017

I figure we are the Navy Seals of gender.  I have gay friends who think they have it tough...

We kick butt!  We need a motto! 
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Emma1017 on March 18, 2019, 07:22:55 PM
I figure we are the Navy Seals of gender.  I have gay friends who think they have it tough...

We kick butt!  We need a motto!

"Transgender. The only easy day was yesterday!"

(OK. Not so original. But totally applicable...)

Kate
  •  

Emma1017

I don't know Kate, I like the theme.

I like the very crude "It takes balls to become a woman".
  •  

GinaG

To get classical:

Superbus et non confundamur"

unashamed and proud.

Hugs

•  

Emma1017

Gina that one is great.  Mine was very base (but it made me laugh) but your's shows a lot more class.
  •  

Emma1017

I was thinking this morning about how powerful the drive to present female and to pass is in all of us.  I am on my 4th month of HRT and I am absolutely feeling totally female internally and yet it isn't enough.

I wasn't joking when I said earlier that we are the Navy Seals of gender.  No one is willing to go through such extraordinary personal and physical pain to be the gender they need to be. 

I am glad I am no longer ashamed that I am transgender.
  •  

GinaG

I keep that thought before me.  Unshamed.  Your right it takes real courage and sacifice to undertake this journey. 
  •  

Emma1017

I learned my courage from every person who responded to my fears from the start of this thread.  I continue to be amazed by this remarkable community.

It constantly humbles me.

Massive hugs,

Emma

•