Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Microblading for the hairline

Started by Megan., August 26, 2018, 04:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Hi all, just curious if anyone already has or has/is considering the use of microblading or 'micro pigmentation' as it's also known to improve the look and shape of their hairline? X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Hmmm, no one? It's a fairly new thing, but I'm kinda surprised it's not become a regular topic here...

•  

Cindy

I hummed and ha'd about replying as mine was a bit of an odd case.

I lost my eyebrows during chemo and asked my support crew about microblading. My eyebrows had always been faint anyway. I was told very firmly not to go anywhere near it due to the high rate of infection.

Now, I was immunosuppressed and my support staff were very careful about infection issues.

I did do some further research into it. (who me listen to my support crew?) and the infection rate appears quite high.

There are all sorts or reasons for this and I am sure that a good modern clinic would be fine and I decided not to bother even now when I am good and healthy
  •  

Allison S

My sister did it because she has a scar right on her eyebrow from an injury as a kid.. It didn't last maybe a few months? 6 months tops before having to go in for touch ups, I think.
Other methods of hair resoration are better in the long run, I think.
Many members have done hair transplants here and I think it looks great and natural. It is expensive though and takes time... But I imagine if you already have long hair that hair toppers could be used during the wait. I see a lot of women (on Youtube) using toppers daily and they make it look very natural... At least to me. But those women have a lot of hairloss on the very top of their head usually...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Cindy on August 27, 2018, 05:56:44 AM
I hummed and ha'd about replying as mine was a bit of an odd case.

I lost my eyebrows during chemo and asked my support crew about microblading. My eyebrows had always been faint anyway. I was told very firmly not to go anywhere near it due to the high rate of infection.

Now, I was immunosuppressed and my support staff were very careful about infection issues.

I did do some further research into it. (who me listen to my support crew?) and the infection rate appears quite high.

There are all sorts or reasons for this and I am sure that a good modern clinic would be fine and I decided not to bother even now when I am good and healthy

Tnx for sharing Cindy. I think like getting a tattoo, using reputable clinic and good aftercare are key to avoiding infection. You're right that in any immunosuppressed state it should be avoided.

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Allison S on August 27, 2018, 06:39:18 AM
My sister did it because she has a scar right on her eyebrow from an injury as a kid.. It didn't last maybe a few months? 6 months tops before having to go in for touch ups, I think.
Other methods of hair resoration are better in the long run, I think.
Many members have done hair transplants here and I think it looks great and natural. It is expensive though and takes time... But I imagine if you already have long hair that hair toppers could be used during the wait. I see a lot of women (on Youtube) using toppers daily and they make it look very natural... At least to me. But those women have a lot of hairloss on the very top of their head usually...

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Tnx Allison. I've had transplants already to my crown, which have certainly helped. Down the road (if in a position to do so) I might get FFS and have my hairline done as part of that, but that is at least a couple of years away, so I'm considering stop-gap measures.. I kinda like the fact that it fades after 6-12 months. I can choose to refresh it if I like the change, or leave it if I don't.

•  

Kendra

I don't have any experience with microblading but if you're potentially looking at follicle transplants in the same area, might be good to check with someone who performs hair transplants.  Just guessing but I can see the possibility of skin becoming thicker.  They may have already encountered this and would know if it interfered or was no problem. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Kendra on August 27, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
I don't have any experience with microblading but if you're potentially looking at follicle transplants in the same area, might be good to check with someone who performs hair transplants.  Just guessing but I can see the possibility of skin becoming thicker.  They may have already encountered this and would know if it interfered or was no problem.
Very good point, research required! I only just started thinking about the idea of this yesterday, so it's very much in 'ponder' stage in my brain atm [emoji846]. X

•  

Virginia

My wife had a highly regarded local tech do microblading to fill in her eyebrows. She was pleased with the results but extremely disappointed the procedure faded to the point of not being able to tell she'd had it done in about 6 months...
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

Harley Quinn

The eyebrows are tough to keep going with microblading.  They usually got 3 to 5 years.  With the scalp, I'd assume you could go a little longer. 

Tripcopigmentation is the only hair procedure I've heard of.  I can't say that it would really do much for a more feminine appearance, unless you go for a shaved look.  Is this the procedure you were referring to?  https://www.gabelcenter.com/solutions/tricopigmentation/
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Harley Quinn on August 28, 2018, 01:04:55 PM
The eyebrows are tough to keep going with microblading.  They usually got 3 to 5 years.  With the scalp, I'd assume you could go a little longer. 

Tripcopigmentation is the only hair procedure I've heard of.  I can't say that it would really do much for a more feminine appearance, unless you go for a shaved look.  Is this the procedure you were referring to?  https://www.gabelcenter.com/solutions/tricopigmentation/
Harley, that method you refer to uses 'dots' to appear like stubble. There are clinics that will do the same as microblading, I. E. 'draw' on hairs to give the impression of either extra density or a better shape. For me it would be about enhancement, not replacement.

•  

Harley Quinn

Hmmm...  I could see it going well in the hands of a good artist.  I had my brows microbladed a little over a year ago and I have no issues with doing it again; when the time comes.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Harley Quinn on August 28, 2018, 02:27:26 PM
Hmmm...  I could see it going well in the hands of a good artist.  I had my brows microbladed a little over a year ago and I have no issues with doing it again; when the time comes.
I think they give you quite a 'feline' look [emoji23]

•  

Harley Quinn

LOL
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Megan. on August 28, 2018, 05:18:59 PM
I think they give you quite a 'feline' look [emoji23]

@Harley Quinn

Yeah - I mean I didn't want to be the one to say it, BUT Harley - you've had too much microblading done because, in your avatar photo you look like a kitten,  don't get me wrong, you look really cute and stuff, and very fluffy, and that's a really nice headscarf tied around you and that. ...ummmm..... ;D

Sonja.
  •  

Harley Quinn

lol...  I tied my bandana like that before the cat.  😂
  •