Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Shaving Upper Lip/Chin... What Am I Doing Wrong? :(

Started by thelittlemermaid, August 27, 2018, 01:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

Mermaid.. I use Vitamin c and retinol serums. I had bad acne as teen. Now it looks much better as this method also evens out the minor flaws. I find the shave last a day or so longer. My not happen to you as I have been on HRT for two years and my facial hair is not as course as it used to be.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Virginia

A side effect of Spironolactone (a commonly used anti androgen in MTF estrogen therapy) is clearing up acne. The medication has been prescribed and used safely by women with the condition for years.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

thelittlemermaid

Quote from: DawnOday on August 30, 2018, 12:11:13 PM
Mermaid.. I use Vitamin c and retinol serums. I had bad acne as teen. Now it looks much better as this method also evens out the minor flaws. I find the shave last a day or so longer. My not happen to you as I have been on HRT for two years and my facial hair is not as course as it used to be.

I've used Vitamin C in the past as well. Was recently prescibed Ziana (retinoid) but it's been tricky because of not being allowed to use it for 1-2 weeks on my lasered areas post session.
  •  

GingerVicki

I make a wash clothe hot and steamy and let it sit on my face for about 5 minutes. It softens the hairs enough to get a very close shave. I also shave twice. The first pass gets all the hair and the second pass makes me feel better.

When I was younger I put baby oil on my face and shaved until my skin was super smooth. I never did grow much hair on my cheeks and attribute it to baby oil shaving when I was a young adult. I would not necessarily recommend this because most people would get pimples from this method. I did not get pimples but everyone is different.
  •  

thelittlemermaid

I ended up getting a new replacement head for my Braun 3040 electric foil razor. Going to try using it and will let you all know how it goes!

I'm also wondering if I should go back to electrolysis considering how spread out my remaining hairs are. Only thing is I can't stand not being able to shave for 2-3 days for them to be long enough, then having to go out in public :(
  •  

Violet

I have read mixed reports about plucking eventually eliminating hair regrowth. Personally I have not had success with plucking as the hairs always grow back, but I still pluck anyway whenever I need a quick fix. As soon as I can afford I will get more Laser treatments and then Electrolysis.

Another thing that I do is to shave my face while in a hot shower. I use Noxema cream and a decent razor. After showering I shave again, but with regular shaving cream or gel.

Also, the "Tarte" brand of Concealer is a nice thick product that I use to cover any shadow. Hope this helps! ♥
  •  

Donica

Quote from: thelittlemermaid on September 03, 2018, 12:39:37 PM
I ended up getting a new replacement head for my Braun 3040 electric foil razor. Going to try using it and will let you all know how it goes!

I'm also wondering if I should go back to electrolysis considering how spread out my remaining hairs are. Only thing is I can't stand not being able to shave for 2-3 days for them to be long enough, then having to go out in public :(

I think you will like that much better. I have used a electric Remington double foil razor most of my life and I have never had this problem. I even use a single foil electric razor on my bikini line. But it has to be the foil type. I don't like the rotary type.

As Kendra stated, Electrolysis is more permanent than Laser. It all depends on what works best for you. If you get better results from electrolysis, then by all means, got back to it.

Some people, like my self, have to go at least 4 or more days to get enough beard growth for electrolysis. There is no way that I know of to get around this. You can try to schedule your sessions for the weekends so your beard will show minimum growth during the week.

Hope this helps.
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

thelittlemermaid

Thanks all once again for the help! I'm back to doing electrolysis in the upper lip/chin area. I've found that my best shaving tool is using those cheap eyebrow razors. Still very difficult because my hair grows so very slowly.

Any recommendations for shaving creams / gels / oils?
  •  

Alice (nym)

I coming to this thread really late... I was struggling after I shaved off my beard (don't ask)... but if you want a close shave then you need to do it 6x... so begin with a foil razor... preferably one that allows you to wet shave with it. Then take a shower to open up the pores. After the shower... wet shave with the grain... then re-lather and wet shave against the grain... then re-lather and wet shave across your face on a 90 degree angle in one direction (becareful doing this)... then re-lather and wet shave across your face in the opposite direction... then re-lather and use the electric foil razor once more... feel your skin for any stubble and make circular motions with the foil razor in those areas... then wash with warm water... pat dry... and moisturise.  You will be as smooth as a baby... BUT sadly it only last a few hours to be that smooth to the touch. Visibility it lasts a little longer but not much longer. 

Don't hate the hate... Start spreading the love.
  •