Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Support in South Denver?

Started by Violet10Dencies, August 28, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violet10Dencies

Hey everyone! My wife and I moved to the Denver, Co area recently. Looking for support groups, or even something more laid back like a Gamenight/Meetup or whatever. Anyone here know of any, or have some sage advice to share?

I've heard there are some groups that get together downtown at the Gender Identity Center, but I've also heard that the GIC isn't doing so hot and may be, very sadly, closing it's doors soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Kymmie Lorain

Unfortunately the GIS is the only place I have heard of in the Denver area. I am sure there are others but haven't heard of any.

I am looking in Northern CO. Ft Collins since Wyoming has zero. Also can't find any.

Kymmie
  •  

DustKitten

I don't know of any specific groups, but I have three trans friends who live there, they probably know other trans people, and I'm moving there myself early next year (maybe march? I hope?) and at least two of us (myself included) are up for D&D and video/board/card games.

So, you know, if you're looking for friends, I could use some myself after I move.

Nice username, btw. Very clever.
  •  

Janes Groove

The LGBT Center on Colfax has a weekly transfeminine meeting.

There's also one in Boulder.
  •  

Violet10Dencies

Quote from: DustKitten on September 03, 2018, 11:40:09 AM
I don't know of any specific groups, but I have three trans friends who live there, they probably know other trans people, and I'm moving there myself early next year (maybe march? I hope?) and at least two of us (myself included) are up for D&D and video/board/card games.

So, you know, if you're looking for friends, I could use some myself after I move.

Nice username, btw. Very clever.
Thank you! Favorite color combined with a love for death metal.

Thats awesome! I'm a huge D&D nerd! Really, any form of tabletop or board game. Do a lot of video gaming too (PS4), but mostly solo stuff lately.

•  

DustKitten

Quote from: Violet10Dencies on September 13, 2018, 04:11:27 PM
Thank you! Favorite color combined with a love for death metal.

Thats awesome! I'm a huge D&D nerd! Really, any form of tabletop or board game. Do a lot of video gaming too (PS4), but mostly solo stuff lately.

Awesome :) One of the friends I mentioned loves metal, too (he's slightly gothic, but also really nice and friendly). I asked him if it was ok if I gave his phone number to someone looking for friends, and he said it's fine, just text him first. I can send you a PM with it if you're cool with that?
  •  

Violet10Dencies

Quote from: DustKitten on September 13, 2018, 06:40:08 PM
I asked him if it was ok if I gave his phone number to someone looking for friends, and he said it's fine, just text him first. I can send you a PM with it if you're cool with that?

Yeah, that'd be awesome!

•  

Grad0507

If you're willing to friend me on Facebook, I can send you an invite. We know someone who hosts game nights, movie nights, and party nights. It's not done through an organization, just through Facebook, friends, and word of mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Grad0507

I wanted to add that I'm Goth, my fiancé/e is a metalhead, and the group I mentioned does D&D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•