Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Martial Arts

Started by Asakawa, September 03, 2018, 12:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asakawa

I have been training martial arts for a little while and have just tested and passed my purple belt test :). This is not very high and it is only one step above yellow, but I am doing it for the long term. I also did Aikido, doing a different Aikido style right now instead of hombu, and I went up to green belt there. My Taekwondo belt test was last month for purple and this month I am going to test for yellow sash in Capoeira. I've been doing Capoeira for about a year and it is a lot of fun, and a lot of work. It is almost like doing gymnastics which I tried for one semester at college. Capoeira has been helping me a lot with upper body strength which has always been my weakness; though to be honest I am actually pretty weak over all :P. I have done Shotokan Karate for a year and went up to 7th kyu, but then had to change schools, so I am back to ranking from the bottom again. My Karate test is going to be in october, so it will be right after Capoeira, which is good because I think testing twice in a month would be a little crazy. I started martial arts at a late age mainly after an altercation almost happened with a roommate that was acting crazy (probably on drugs). The main reason I took it was for self defense, but for some reason I seem to like them all a lot and I've actually never been a sports person. Always sat at the desk and watched tv or played games. Since I'm getting older I just see some health benefits and I think it is good for me to enjoy it for as long as I can :). Anyway that is my hobbie!
  •