News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

And the double standards go on.

Started by Julia1996, September 06, 2018, 06:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryT

Quote from: MaryT on September 10, 2018, 08:46:48 AM
On the sub-topic of tattoos, I'll give the usual granny advice that few people follow:

If you, ever get a tattoo, do it because YOU really want it,

• Not because friends have them;
  • Not because someone suggested that you get one;
  • Not because someone dared you to get one;
  • Especially, not because someone told you NOT to get one.

It may be annoying even when loved ones tell you what to do, especially if they don't practice what they preach.  However, you have to weigh the satisfaction of defying them against the possibility, especially in the case of boyfriends, of driving a wedge into your relationship. 

Just from reading your posts, I would say that on the whole, Tristan is very understanding and in love with the real you, and proud to be with you even when you encounter unpleasant and prejudiced people who knew you before your transition.  I also think that you love him and I would be surprised if you would risk your relationship just to defy his occasional masculine whims.

It's okay to vent your feelings in threads like this, though.  :angel:

It's unlikely to happen if even Tristan doesn't want you to have a tattoo but for completeness and for the benefit of all young people, I'll mention another point that I forgot.  No matter how much in love you are,

• never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never,never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, ever get a tattoo with your boyfriend's name.

•  

Julia1996

I don't even really want a tattoo. It was just an idea I had when I was 18. Knowing that Tristan is so opposed  to the idea I wouldn't get one anyway. I really don't have a problem with Tristan not wanting me to get a tattoo. I just didn't like the way he expressed it. Instead of saying he wouldn't like that and please don't, he said "you're NOT doing that".  I also found it pretty rich that someone covered in ink would tell me I couldn't get one. I love his tats and I think tattoos are hot on guys so it's not that I dislike his or anything. At least Tristan thought ahead enough to make sure his tats only show when he's not wearing a shirt. Tyler has a sleeve on one arm.

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

This is the person telling me I can't get a tattoo. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Lady Sarah

That is an awful lot of ink for a tattoo that is not Samoan, or has nothing to do with he martial arts.

In my family, the only ones without tats are my mother and I, and that's only because I had my tattoo removed with laser treatment.

Every time I am tempted to get another tattoo, I think about it for a week, and remind myself of when I had that one tattoo removed. If I still want one badly enough after that, then I'd get one. So far, I haven't.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

GingerVicki

I understand how you feel. Usually when I am in a relationship my SO always at some point decides that they can boss me around and tell me what to do. I believe it is because I have a "people pleaser" personality, avoid conflict whenever possible, and in kinda submissive. I really feel that people take advantage of me in this way.
  •  

Ryuichi13

If you want a tattoo, get one.  If you don't want a tattoo, don't get one.  Simple.

But you're right.  Its the way he demanded that you don't get one that's the point here.  He could have said it nicely, but no.  He demanded. 

I'm the kind of person that would get one just because he demanded me not to.  But then again, not everyone's like that.

Either way, you do what's best for you, whether its getting a tattoo or dyeing your hair pink.  As long as it makes you happy, that's all that matters.

And I agree with MaryT.  Getting a tattoo with someone that's not your kid, or deceased family member is a surefire way to ensure that you'll break up!

Ryuichi

P.S. OMG, What a nice body Tristan has!  You lucky girl!  ;)

Ryu

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 10, 2018, 12:48:14 PM

This is the person telling me I can't get a tattoo. Lol
Hahah that's hilarious! [emoji23] From what we can see he does look handsome.. I wouldn't want someone prettier than me in a relationship though lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
  •