Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Recommended type of orchi for possible GCS in the future?

Started by miyann, September 27, 2018, 02:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miyann

Just wondering if there was a recommended type of orchi for GCS in the possible future?

I haven't decided if I want GCS but I definitely want to get orchi done. I've read different opinions such as inguinal causing scar below the abdomen but leaving the scrotal sac scar free, doing and simple through the raphe line, or bilateral.

Does it even matter or does it just depend on the surgeon?
  •  

Devlyn

I think the wide scars of the past may have played a part, but my testicles came out through an incision along the raphe last year, and my surgeon (Dr Oates in Boston) said if I wanted to come back for vaginoplasty just give him a call. Obviously it depends on the individual surgeon, so it's best to do your homework.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

miyann

Thanks Devlyn!

I keep reading about certain surgeons who refuse to do GCS if someone had orchi which was making me a bit hesitant. Mind if I ask what the total cost was?
  •  

Devlyn

That's going to depend on your insurance. My premiums for the year were $6,000, and my deductible was $6,500, so I spent $12,500 on medical care in 2017. Plus a couple hundred on therapist and psychologist letters. Having said that, a person on public assistance healthcare would get the same thing for 0 dollars.

Hugs, Devlyn

Edit to add: If you want to read my whole story, with pictures, I documented the whole process here
  •  

Stella Alexis

You can also ask your preferred GCS surgeon.
I had contact with Dr. Ting a couple of months ago and he specified it should be a midline scrotum incision.
  •  

miyann

@ Devlyn

Ah gotcha, thank you for the info!

@ Stella,

Thank you but I actually don't have a GCS surgeon yet since I still haven't decided if I'm going to go with just orchi or fully getting GCS.

•