News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Arnkoff

Started by fangwen, October 04, 2018, 07:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fangwen

Hi all, this is not going to be fun...
I know a lot of folks here seem to like Dr Arnkoff, and it is great that he will do what he does without a therapist letter, but what he does is not so good.
I had my orchiectomy with him back in April, and my recovery was brutal.
My scrotum swelled to where it was basically two pints of blood in a half pint bag.
It took forever to go down, and eventually one of the stitches popped and I was able to squeeze out gobs of clotted blood in a terrifying episode reminiscent of the shower scene from "Carrie".
I had severe insomnia for a month, not being able to lie on my side, and a litany of other discomfort.
As it shrank, it became apparent that the swelling was all on one side, and now it is obvious that the spermatic cord on that side is fused into the wall of the scrotum. It is very uncomfortable and feels creepy as hell.
He said he will fix it for materials cost, which is a <edited by moderator>.
I have a friend who had her orchi with him a few years ago. She had some complications too. Not nearly as bad as mine, but now she is in Thailand recovering from bottom surgery, and her surgeon just told her that her orchi was done poorly, one cord was fused to the wall of the scrotum, like mine, because of some kind of clip he used, and as a result there was significantly less usable tissue available for labiaplasty. 
And <edited by moderator>.

Moderator edits to comply with Susan's Terms of Service.
  •  

Devlyn

I had some serious healing issues like you're describing, minus the fusing. Everything worked out fine in the end. I get where you're coming from about the distress, anxiety, and uncertainty.

As an aside, most of the surgeons (and their lawyers) read this site. Objective information and reviews are fine, beyond that I suggest that you be careful.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

fangwen

Hi, thank you 🙂

Well, if he <edited by moderator to comply with Susan's Terms of Service.>
  •