Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hairline and loss of hair

Started by Rutka71, October 08, 2018, 01:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rutka71

Hi there, I have a question: the 24th of this month, I will have the first part of my FFS by dr Brigitte Meijer, from The Netherlands. One of the things that will be done, is that my hairline will be put to the front. So another trans friend of mine had the same procedure performed, but lost a lot of hair in the process.

My question: how high will the chances be that I will lose hair as a result of this procedure? I really don't have much of a receding hairline, putting it to the front is more related with the shape of my face. But my hair really is an asset I have and cherish, losing that would be disastrous for me.

I like my hair. Don't want to lose any of it.

Were any studies done on how transposition of the hairline affects loss f hair?
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: Rutka71 on October 08, 2018, 01:39:49 AM
Hi there, I have a question: the 24th of this month, I will have the first part of my FFS by dr Brigitte Meijer, from The Netherlands. One of the things that will be done, is that my hairline will be put to the front. So another trans friend of mine had the same procedure performed, but lost a lot of hair in the process.

My question: how high will the chances be that I will lose hair as a result of this procedure? I really don't have much of a receding hairline, putting it to the front is more related with the shape of my face. But my hair really is an asset I have and cherish, losing that would be disastrous for me.

I like my hair. Don't want to lose any of it.

Were any studies done on how transposition of the hairline affects loss f hair?

hair loss for any procedure is normal, as the body suddenly spends its resources doing healing else where. i wouldn't be too concerned if it does fall out. it will grow back. you need to give it time to grow back. remember a closed system is being opened and moved, thats some shock the body deals with. soo let the swelling go down (months and months) and it will come back.
  •