Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Lowering voice pitch

Started by Mx London, October 12, 2018, 02:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mx London

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for good resources on exercises l can do to lower the pitch of my voice so when I'm feeling more masc my voice isn't as much a source of dysphoria.

I've watched a few YouTube videos, but don't really know what I'm looking for so have no idea if they'll help.

Has anybody had success with online pitch lowering tutorials?

Ps. Sorry if this isn't in the right place, l wasn't sure if it belonged here or in FTM section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Dena

A MTF pulls their larynx up in order to raise their pitch. If you place your fingers on your larynx and swallow you will feel this movement. In order to lower your voice, you need to reverse the process and relax your throat muscles and prevent your larynx from moving up when you speak. This is done by female singers with the most noted being Karen Carpenter. Most likely it's not going to push you into the masculine range but it can cause significant lowering.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Mx London

Thank you, this is really useful.

I enjoy singing so I especially found the Carpenters reference useful to know what lowering a larynx feels like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •