Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Got my new license 😀

Started by AnamethatstartswithE, October 18, 2018, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnamethatstartswithE

I got my new drivers license, with my new name and an F for the gender marker. I live in Virginia so aside from the unending line at the dmv it was a straightforward procedure. Your doctor/ therapist fills out a form, you send it to an office in Richmond and they send you a letter to change your marker.

Just thought I'd share some good news.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@AnamethatstartswithE
This is absolutely wonderful news....  and seeing your name, new picture, and the correct gender marker is so very affirming....

Question: 
Your name    AnamethatstartswithE   is so very long..
....  does it fit OK in the "name box" on the license???   j/k  ;D ;)  LOL

Again, this is a wonderful event... certainly very gratifying for you.

Thank you for sharing this important moment in your journey... one more thing is
now checked off on your things to do list.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Laurie

Hi AnamethatstartswithE,

Congratulations on getting a corrected license. I remember when I got mine done here in Oregon. It was possibly easier than yours in that I didn't need to involve any professionals. Just showed my court order name change and and checked the gender box I wanted.

Anyway you look at it getting those important documents changed is reason to celebrate!

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

AnamethatstartswithE

Thank you both. I like to think of it as my "bathroom pass." I pass well enough that I've never been challenged in a bathroom, but it still can be a little nerve wracking. I like to think of it as my "Dumbo's feather."
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: AnamethatstartswithE on October 18, 2018, 09:27:23 PM
Thank you both. I like to think of it as my "bathroom pass." I pass well enough that I've never been challenged in a bathroom, but it still can be a little nerve wracking. I like to think of it as my "Dumbo's feather."
I know how you feel.  I've never had a problem in the restroom but it got a bit less stressful once I had the legal proof. 

Congratulations on getting your F.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, E!  That 'F' is a little bit of peace of mind.

I, too, have never been challenged in a ladies' washroom.  But I dread that happening.  My driver's license has my correct name, but an ugly M where it should have an F. :(   Fortunately, the rules are changing in January, and I will be able to get it corrected finally.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jennifer M

That is awesome!! Congratulations!!

•  

Jessica

I second the congratulations E!  I will at a minimum be getting a NB designation on my license next time it's due.  Maybe I'll be at a place to change my name and gender then.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KatieP

Quote from: KathyLauren on October 19, 2018, 08:01:17 AM

I, too, have never been challenged in a ladies' washroom.  But I dread that happening.  My driver's license has my correct name, but an ugly M where it should have an F. :(   Fortunately, the rules are changing in January, and I will be able to get it corrected finally.

@KathyLauren, Did you finally get your, "F?"

;D

Kate
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: KatieP on March 28, 2019, 09:34:52 AM
@KathyLauren, Did you finally get your, "F?"

;D

Kate

No, not yet.  I've been bugging the bureaucrats about it, and it turns out the regulatory changes were delayed until April.  So, I'll be back on the phone and/or email next week about it.

Funny thing, my wife had to renew her license a couple of weeks ago.  When she got it, it had an M for sex.  She went to the office and complained, and got a new one issued with the correct information, with no questions asked.  Makes me wonder if I could have done the same.  Of course, had there been questions, her birth certificate would have backed her up, whereas mine won't. (Yet.)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on October 19, 2018, 08:01:17 AM

Quote from: KathyLauren on March 28, 2019, 11:34:22 AM
No, not yet.  I've been bugging the bureaucrats about it, and it turns out the regulatory changes were delayed until April.  So, I'll be back on the phone and/or email next week about it.

Funny thing, my wife had to renew her license a couple of weeks ago.  When she got it, it had an M for sex.  She went to the office and complained, and got a new one issued with the correct information, with no questions asked.  Makes me wonder if I could have done the same.  Of course, had there been questions, her birth certificate would have backed her up, whereas mine won't. (Yet.)

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
Regarding getting the correct female  "F" designation on your license, keep after the bureaucrats and continue plugging away at getting the rest of your documents corrected so that it can become a reality for you....
I am rooting for you!!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: KathyLauren on March 28, 2019, 11:34:22 AM

Perhaps if you go to an office where they hadn't seen you before. You are there to renew your license, and oh, BTW, there is a mistake on it. When we renew, can we fix that?  ;D

As Danielle said, we are all rooting for you!!!

Kate
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

cool congratulations I am waiting on my M to be change to F on my birth certificate it was sent in this past tuesday
  •  

Linde

I am waiting for the signed court order, which should be in my hands next week.  Once I have that, I will march to the Tax Collector (that is the office doing those things in Florida, go figure), and get my F license!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•