Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How do I find this eyebrow thingy? (100% noob makeup question)

Started by Sam1066, October 20, 2018, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam1066

A few months back my (now former) roommate gave me this eyebrow pencil like thing, and my artist close friend showed me how to use it, it works fantastically but I don't seem to have any idea how to find more of the same type of thing.

The brand seems to be tattoo brow and it says' its a "brush tip brow pen". A lot of times I've gotten similar things and they go on super dark in one stroke, what I like about this thing is it goes on only slightly with each stroke, letting me build up color over a series of strokes which, to me, makes it much easier to get my eyebrows looking just the way I want them.

So... what do I gotta search Amazon for / what do I need to ask for at a makeup counter to get more of these things? I've tried getting the exact thing from Amazon but no dice, and the former roomie doesn't know where she got it.

Also, given that I prefer things that apply slowly over many strokes with a super fine point, what other things should I be looking for? Any general advice?
Sam?
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Sam1066
What you are describing is generically called an eyebrow pencil... available in various colors, some include small eyebrow "combs" on the opposite end.

Let google be your friend, enter in the search line  "eyebrow pencil" and you will get lots of hits.  If you search for images once you see your search results you should be able to see a photo of exactly you are looking for.  They are available in a plethora of colors to suit your tastes.
Readily available in the cosmetic sections of drug stores,  department stores, and WalMart.

Best wishes to you.
Danielle

Quote from: Sam1066 on October 20, 2018, 07:53:26 PM
A few months back my (now former) roommate gave me this eyebrow pencil like thing, and my artist close friend showed me how to use it, it works fantastically but I don't seem to have any idea how to find more of the same type of thing.

The brand seems to be tattoo brow and it says' its a "brush tip brow pen". A lot of times I've gotten similar things and they go on super dark in one stroke, what I like about this thing is it goes on only slightly with each stroke, letting me build up color over a series of strokes which, to me, makes it much easier to get my eyebrows looking just the way I want them.

So... what do I gotta search Amazon for / what do I need to ask for at a makeup counter to get more of these things? I've tried getting the exact thing from Amazon but no dice, and the former roomie doesn't know where she got it.

Also, given that I prefer things that apply slowly over many strokes with a super fine point, what other things should I be looking for? Any general advice?
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

jill610

I have used a number of eyebrow pencils and like both Anastasia and urban decay the most. Both go on light and are easy to control the amount with pressure or repetition.

Whenever I am looking for a product and I'm not sure what is the right one for what I am hoping to achieve, I usually go to Ulta or Sephora or some place like that.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: jill610 on October 21, 2018, 07:46:35 AM
I have used a number of eyebrow pencils and like both Anastasia and urban decay the most. Both go on light and are easy to control the amount with pressure or repetition.

Whenever I am looking for a product and I'm not sure what is the right one for what I am hoping to achieve, I usually go to Ulta or Sephora or some place like that.

@jill610     @Sam1066
This is exactly why I like the eyebrow pencils...
....easy to control as to
what is happening with enhancing my eyebrows.

Trimming the length of eyebrow hair and shaping is also a very important factor. 

Early in my transition journey, I really screwed up my brows by attempting to do things too dramatically.
I finally ended up going to a beauty salon to make the necessary corrections, now I can maintain them myself.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

jill610

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 21, 2018, 09:10:09 AM
@jill610     @Sam1066
This is exactly why I like the
Early in my transition journey, I really screwed up my brows by attempting to do things too dramatically.
I finally ended up going to a beauty salon to make the necessary corrections, now I can maintain them myself.

Hugs,
Danielle

So easy to do! In the advice of a friend, I started going to see a waxing lady (not at a nail salon!!) who over a years time to slowly get them to where they are. Took a super conservative path partly not to out myself before I transitioned at work, but also just to see what worked and what didn't. I totally recommend seeing a pro for the initial shaping... me and tweezers don't get along lol.

Part of the conservative approach though admittedly was because we weren't sure exactly where the brows would land after FFS, which never happened... ffs can really change the shape all on its own.

•  

Virginia

Quote from: Sam1066 on October 20, 2018, 07:53:26 PM
The brand seems to be tattoo brow and it says' its a "brush tip brow pen"...So... what do I gotta search Amazon for / what do I need to ask for at a makeup counter to get more of these things?

Have you tried googling tattoo brush tip brow pen?
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •