Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How do you stop sliding down too much at the end of phrases?

Started by sarahc, October 23, 2018, 06:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahc

I've recently begun some voice training. I'll be doing actual therapy in a couple of months, but I want to start doing stuff on my own. Fortunately, I have fairly high natural voice and I have some training as singing tenor, so pitch in not the biggest issue for me.

One of my big challenges with my training right now is that I slide into male range at the very end of phrases.
I know that you can stop that by always ending phases sliding up, but I just sound like a ditzy teenager when I do that.

I can also bump at the end of phrases, but that doesn't always sound natural depending on the situation...sometimes the most natural thing to do is a small slide. But when I slide at the end of a phrase it's a slide from 220Hz (where I'm speaking) to 120Hz (which is where my normal male voice is), and that is a clear giveaway.

Are there any drills to help me stop sliding too much at the end of phrases?
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarahc on October 23, 2018, 06:17:05 PM
I've recently begun some voice training. I'll be doing actual therapy in a couple of months, but I want to start doing stuff on my own. Fortunately, I have fairly high natural voice and I have some training as singing tenor, so pitch in not the biggest issue for me.

One of my big challenges with my training right now is that I slide into male range at the very end of phrases.
I know that you can stop that by always ending phases sliding up, but I just sound like a ditzy teenager when I do that.

I can also bump at the end of phrases, but that doesn't always sound natural depending on the situation...sometimes the most natural thing to do is a small slide. But when I slide at the end of a phrase it's a slide from 220Hz (where I'm speaking) to 120Hz (which is where my normal male voice is), and that is a clear giveaway.

Are there any drills to help me stop sliding too much at the end of phrases?
@sarahc
In addition to professional voice training and therapy..... 
....focus, concentration and lots of practice and lots of repetition.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •