Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Inspired by a YouTube video

Started by Gabrielle66, October 24, 2018, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabrielle66

I was trying to find tips on how to apply makeup if you are visually impaired. I watched a lovely young woman named Molly Burke do her whole face. She is completely blind. Yes, her Mom taught her the technique but she is still blind and it looked great. Now of course she was naturally pretty unlike myself but the fact remains that she did her makeup blind. She gave some excellent suggestions for making things easier as well. I just need a few more products to have everything I need for a full face. This is one of the essential skills I feel are necessary for me to be comfortable trying to pass. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Gabrielle66 on October 24, 2018, 08:40:59 PM
I was trying to find tips on how to apply makeup if you are visually impaired. I watched a lovely young woman named Molly Burke do her whole face. She is completely blind. Yes, her Mom taught her the technique but she is still blind and it looked great. Now of course she was naturally pretty unlike myself but the fact remains that she did her makeup blind. She gave some excellent suggestions for making things easier as well. I just need a few more products to have everything I need for a full face. This is one of the essential skills I feel are necessary for me to be comfortable trying to pass. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
@Gabrielle66

Thank you Gabrielle, I did a quick search and put a link below for people interested.

Sonja.
  •  

Gabrielle66

Thanks Sonja,

This young lady suffers from retinitis pigmentosa and is basically blind except a slight light awareness. I was just bowled over at how she was able to apply her makeup. If this wonderful lady can do it then so can I. Unfortunately I'm not lovely without makeup that way this young lady is but that is beside the point. There are actually several wonderful videos to help with low vision makeup application. I'm going to figure this out. Love and faith.

Gabrielle
  •