Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Nothing I Wear Feels Right

Started by Reyes, October 26, 2018, 01:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyes

Okay so I'm going crazy here, I've been on hormones now I think a year and 7 months, and I've been wearing women's clothing this whole time, but even now, NOTHING ever feels right.

Well, not nothing, I know I like jeans, and I know I like boots. But when it comes to a top, I just, I'm going crazy here. I have tried every style of clothing I would actually wear, cause anything revealing or sleeveless is just a no for me, don't like that. Don't like girly clothes either I guess I should mention.

But like, I've spent so much money on tops this whole time, and I hate all of it. I don't know why. Some days I like what I'm wearing, but more often then not I just get this dysphoric feeling and I'm changing my shirt over and over trying to find one that feels right and none of them do.

Honestly I'm kinda at a lose here, how am I supposed to find my style if nothing works??
Sunday, November 15th 2015/Sunday, August 7th 2016/Wednesday, May 10th 2017 x2

•  

sarahc

I'm way behind you in transition, but I've done some experimenting, and I am like you in that I am very picky about tops.

What I've come to conclude is the instead of trying to find the perfect top, I have had more success sticking with a simple top and then accessorizing it. So I'll take a very simple (but high quality) 3/4 white cotton jewelneck tee (I also keep arms covered) but then I'll add a scarf or a tailored cardigan or a shawl. Add a simple necklace it looks really nice with either jeans or dressier pants or midi skirt.

So that's what I'm kinda transitioning my shopping to: shifting largely to basics for tops but then using accessories or partial covers to make it interesting.
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@sarahc  @Reyes

Dear Ladies;   Women's tops can be very difficult to get accustomed to....   sleeveless tops, low cut tops, bare back tops, crop tops, racerback tops, strappy tops, etc... and unless you select styles carefully most women's tops are tighter fitting.....    these things can take time to start feeling like they feel right.

The good news is that there are women's tops that look more like and fit more like the men's style tops that you might feel more comfortable wearing, but of course you may miss out on the lace, frills and skin bearing features.

It is for sure that more shopping and trying on may be in order for you.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KathyLauren

Do you shop on your own?  It may help to go shopping with someone.  (It's also a lot of fun!)  Someone else can tell you if something looks good on you, or can suggest items that will look good.

I'd be lost if I didn't have my wife along to help me!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •