Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Windows Voice Pitch Analyzer Suggestion

Started by Bari Jo, October 28, 2018, 05:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bari Jo

I'm having a hard time finding a decent voice pitch analyzer for windows.  What I'd like is to record clips and analyze them for pitch.  Giving me the feedback of high, low, and average, as well as what vocal range it thinks I'm currently speaking in, male, female, or inbetween.  Anything beyond this would be great, but I can't seem to find these functions.  I do currently own the Adobe suite of products and was hoping this would be in Audition, but it isn't, boo.  Can anybody recommend an app for windows?

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Bari Jo

Aha, I see Praat does much of that.  You've gotta jump through some hoops like recording a file somewhere else, then opening it, then doing the analysis, and comparing to a chart I don't mind that.

On Android, there's an app that does all of this except for saving recordings (Voice Pitch Analyzer).  Instead it saves the results, which is valuable, but I'd like to have the recording also.

Anyway, suggestions are welcome.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Dena

Praat is self contained in that it will record and analyze a sample without the need to use an external program. I admit it could flow a bit better but it should do the job.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •