Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Making the Case for Pantyhose

Started by sally0196, November 26, 2018, 06:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sally0196

Anne,

I believe you are correct, and one of the women leading this fashion trend is Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge.  In numerous photos you can see she is wearing hosiery.  I also remember hearing an interview with her about wearing hose.  She prefers a nude shade. 

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

SadieBlake

I looked up hosiery sales and actually pantyhose sales did see an increase in response to Kate Middleton but that peaked in 2014 and was more about increased price with steady demand. Sales have dropped since then.

I wore stockings with suspender belt again for s date recently and quite enjoyed it, I really hate wrestling tights up and down to pee, however it's necessary if one wants to wear skirts in new England winter's.

I don't wear pantyhose period :-)
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

barbie

Here in S. Korea, all of the convenient stores keep pantyhose in the shelves for 24 hours. They may not be a vogue, but there are always some women wearing them. I also saw them in Japanese convenient stores, too.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

debrahelen

I love pantyhose in different designs, but I'm a stocking and garter girl mostly.  I like pantyhose in the winter with cute designs, primarily to keep my legs warm when wearing a short(er) skirt!
I think I was 8 or 9 when I first slipped on my older sister's silk stockings - OMG, what an incredible feeling  :)
Deb
  •  

Wendi

I also love the feel of pantyhose especially on freshly epilated legs.

The Sheer Energy brand are really nice to wear.

Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

ramilove

Depends if I am dressing up or not. No doubt pantyhose makes the legs look great and are a must for most outfits. On a comfort perspective, the feeling I get from looking my best outweighs the minor discomfort. Cleanly shaven legs with sheer pantyhose, pretty dress nice heels , what a feeling, Though unless I am dressing up, I prefer my leggings which I wear day in and day out.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: debrahelen on January 16, 2019, 06:42:56 PM
I think I was 8 or 9 when I first slipped on my older sister's silk stockings - OMG, what an incredible feeling  :)
Deb

As I remember I was 4 when I first tried to wear them. Disappointingly they were too big and loose for my little legs at that time, and I did not expected it at all. I still think it is weird that I expected they should fit to my legs.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

JamiLD

Ok, first of all Sally, you don't look old enough to remember 'the egg'.
Secondly, you sound like an ad for the Hanes corporation.  Not that I'm complaining.  I just want to join the group.  Do we work on commission?  Just askin'. :)

But seriously, you're a girl after my own heart. Sheer Energy was the height of hosiery in my teen years.  The plastic egg harkens memories of an era, with christmas tree-like carousels placed in convenience stores and markets, where I would make any excuse to dawdle nearby, perusing, and, with a gentle wave, twirl the egg adorned tree, searching for my favorite shade.

And speaking of color, the hosiery market is not what it used to be, is it?  Twenty, even ten years ago, a greater variety of shades were offered, from drug store brands to the exotic (though my purse strings limited me from enjoying more than the occasional Givenchy).

Legg's, Hanes (before their marriage), NoNonsense, even Jockey offerings filled a spectrum of shades, textures, denier and panty tops.  And speaking of PANTYhose, remember panties and hose combined? What were those called? Maybe popular in the 80's or 90's.

That said, watching talk shows, I've seen women wearing hose now and again. Mostly black fishnet (cool and sexy, of course), but also sheer and even the occasional lighter shades.

But back to Sally's post.  Though I was one of many here who began by wearing siblings' pantyhose.  Sheer Energy, too, was my first love.  Coffee, Suntan, Off Black; what other shades were there?

I remember, once I was old enough to drive, I'd make any excuse to run errands. "Sure mom, I'll get those groceries.  Out of milk? Gee, better get some before the store closes".  Not only an excuse to drive the car, but pause in front of the 'Altar of Legg's' carousel, with a grocery list that I held like a badge, saying; "Just doing the family shopping". 

But alas, these are mostly fond memories for me.  I still have several pair of what may be considered 'vintage'; pastels and sheer tones once offered by those drug store brands.  Hosiery today lacks the panache of my youth. Perhaps I'm just getting old(er).
  •  

AnneK

QuoteHosiery today lacks the panache of my youth.

Back in my youth, women still wore stockings and garter belts or girdles to hold them up.  Back then it was quite something to catch a glimpse of a stocking top!   :)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

sally0196

Jami,

Getting a commission, now wouldn't that be great.  Alas, I'm neither a spokeswoman nor am I being compensated by Hanes for my comments.  It's just that this particular brand and product have been such a staple in my femme life, I wanted to share my enthusiasm for wearing them.

And while I love wearing pantyhose, I acknowledge that I do suffer some discomfort to obtain the polished look they provide for me.  Actually, what is most uncomfortable for me is that after several hours wearing pantyhose, my toes begin to ache.  Support hose, like the Sheer Energy brand I wear, tend to put pressure on the piggies, and after a time it becomes quite uncomfortable.  Yet I remain a slave to fashion, so, endure the pain to look good.

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

Berra

My earliest record were . Childminder brang her clothes to our house to wash them in the machine and I was collecting everytime one of her under the sofa .when I was 6.
My first experience were at when I was 8 years old .

It is a kind of paradox for me somedays I love sheer 40 deniers due to feeling of my skin when my legs touched each other . Sometimes I am getting closer to mat 30 denier to feel more royal if I try business clothes.
Than I can understand more the females why they are spending times in front of mirror .
In male mode eveything is standart  justtakes 5 minutes.
  •  

jk4361

pantyhose is where it all started for me. I think every leg deserves to be in pantyhose.
  •