Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Making the Case for Pantyhose

Started by sally0196, November 26, 2018, 06:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sally0196

When I think back on it I have been enamored with pantyhose all of my life.  I have to say that these leg coverings have always been, and continue to be, my favorite feminine accessory.  My love affair with pantyhose started when I was ten years old.  I covertly borrowed a pair from my mom's lingerie drawer and that first pair just happened to be a pair of L'eggs Sheer Energy.  They were notable in that they came in a white plastic egg, packaging that would become iconic.  When I tried them on, I was hooked, and now, so many years later, I'm still wearing them.

Over the years I have worn so many different brands of pantyhose I have actually lost count.  I've tried inexpensive hosiery and top-of-the-line brands.  Ultimately, I always found myself coming back to Sheer Energy.  I just thought they were better than even the expensive brands.

Quite simply, this brand of pantyhose has never disappointed.  They provide the perfect amount of support.  They are sheer enough to show off your real legs yet they provide enough cover to hide most minor flaws.  In fact, they are the ideal makeup for my legs and I wouldn't think of wearing a skirt or a dress without wearing Sheer Energy.  I think the best thing about them though is how silky and smooth they feel.

L'eggs were first introduced in 1969 by Hanes Corporation and their debut featured the now familiar egg-shaped container.  L'eggs were billed as the low-cost alternative to the corporation's higher end hosiery.  Eventually, Hanes discontinued the use of the egg, a corporate decision to reduce plastic waste.  I was saddened when the egg went away but it was hard to argue with Hanes Corporation's environmental concerns. 

For me, Sheer Energy pantyhose are my go-to feminine fashion accessory.  I rely on them to keep my legs looking beautiful and to add a more polished appearance.

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

Devlyn

I have a degree in pasty, so if my legs are out, there's always pantyhose on them.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

BrianaJ

Quote from: Devlyn on November 26, 2018, 07:08:22 AM
I have a degree in pasty, so if my legs are out, there's always pantyhose on them.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn

OMG Devlyn I'm cracking up; this just struck my funny bone.  At first I read "pastry" and I'm thinking, "what does pastry have to do with pantyhose??"  Then I read it correctly.  Pasty! 
~~Be kind~~
  •  

AnneK

I also wear pantyhose daily.  A leg doesn't look finished without hosiery.

BTW, last week I saw an attractive young woman wearing "Hot Pants", which were popular back when I was in high school.  She was wearing them with grey opaque pantyhose or tights.  Very nice look!

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Anjanette Miranda

I thought she said the same thing as in pastry chef.
I love the feeling of pantyhose is just nice.
Also in the winter time it makes my legs stay warmer I think it's like a little bit of insulation against the cold.

AJ
  •  

GordonG

I too have always liked pantyhose.  I hardly ever wear a skirt without a pair on. I love seeing others wearing them too.  It adds a nice finished look to legs.  In my opinion there are not very many women that have legs that wouldn't look better in them.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

SadieBlake

Pantyhose, not so much. In winter I very much appreciate tights or leggings for their ability to keep my legs a good bit warmer than bare without having to resort to pants. Otherwise I hate having to wrestle them up after I pee, also their tendency to creep down during the day.

If I want to go out and feel stylish and the weather isn't cold then I like thigh-highs or more often a suspender belt with stockings; THAT helps this older woman project *dead-sexy*. I never feel pretty wearing pantyhose the way I always do with old fashioned stockings :-).
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

barbie

My attraction to silky stockings started when I was 4 years old.

At my 20s, my friends used to say my legs with silky stockings look like those of the models on the packs of pantyhose. I once liked some poses of models for the Calvin Klein hosiery products.

I seldom wear pantyhose because of some skin problem on my butts. In winter I mostly wear very long socks or nylon stockings.

IMO, nylon stockings are more fashionable than long socks.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

helenmarie

Hello Sally,         I have always liked tights [pantyhose], they are so lovely to wear, the silky feel on your skin is wonderful. If wearing a dress/skirt they are a must wear, but I wear them under my trousers [pants/slacks] as well. Yes in the summer or hot weather, they can make you a bit hot/sweaty, but in winter I wear a pair most days.

love,  Helenmarie
  •  

Sally Edwards77

I have only recently gotten back into wearing female clothes, but I have always loved tights (pantyhose) and now having just restocked my wardrobe, it was an immediate must to buy some tights and currently thick tights are in fashion and I have been dead keen to try them.  So, here I am, with 80 denier tights on and completely loving it.  I adore tights, but having said that, I have my eye on some 80 denier hold up stockings. 
  •  

AnneK

Quotehold up stockings

When I hear the words "hold up" and "stockings" together, I tend to think bank robber.   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

Sally Edwards77

Quote from: AnneK on December 16, 2018, 02:18:20 PM
When I hear the words "hold up" and "stockings" together, I tend to think bank robber.   ;)

Wonderful, that's so funny.  However, I can assure you that I shall not be going into a bank wearing my best dress with hold ups and my best handbag,  :laugh:
  •  

Maddie

Love the look of pantyhose!

They do tend to require some adjustive maintenance, although I seem quite comfortable in them, even all day.
(NOTE TO SELF: always remember to hide from public view before hiking them back up)  ;)

I also really like thigh-highs with elastic at the top, although these are not always easy to find at the stores I go to.

:)
Crossdressed as small child. Told parents, then hid it.
1980s-2010s Alternately "out" to varying degrees and/or outright denial and man-faking
2015 Surrendered/allowed my she-self to show more outwardly. Changes begin.
Currently working with counselor. No HRT or surgeries yet.
  •  

Beverly Anne

I prefer bare legs, but I did love putting them on when I was a kid. I do wear them if the occasion calls for a dress in cooler weather.
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

Liina

Quote from: GordonG on November 26, 2018, 04:05:28 PM
I too have always liked pantyhose.  I hardly ever wear a skirt without a pair on. I love seeing others wearing them too.  It adds a nice finished look to legs.  In my opinion there are not very many women that have legs that wouldn't look better in them.
@GordonG, I agree with you about your reference to many women wearing pantyhose. I have been a wearer for many years actually several decades now. I do understand that in the heat of summer they maybe not a good choice, in general they are fabulous accessory to any wardrobe for those who use them. To me they just add a fine touch to finish  a classic/elegant look.
@Devlyn, your hilarious and your analogy, "a degree of pasty" certainly sums up my stems/legs as well!
European Hosiery is absolutely fabulous, having used many styles from Italy, Austria, Germany and Spain they are so wonderful!  Two thumbs up for pantyhose!
  •  

luckygirl

Back in the day I loved them. Now, in pants, it's knee high's, and in a dress? Well I wear one so seldom that I really don't know but I guess it's bare legs or something super sheer without much of a waistband. That's always been my problem with L'eggs. They have the sausage casing thing going on to the point they bring me to my knees in misery.
Now a pair of Aristoc's? That's a whole different animal and an absolute pleasure to slip into and to wear.
  •  

GordonG

Quote from: luckygirl on December 26, 2018, 09:32:16 PM
Back in the day I loved them. Now, in pants, it's knee high's, and in a dress? Well I wear one so seldom that I really don't know but I guess it's bare legs or something super sheer without much of a waistband. That's always been my problem with L'eggs. They have the sausage casing thing going on to the point they bring me to my knees in misery.
Now a pair of Aristoc's? That's a whole different animal and an absolute pleasure to slip into and to wear.

Yes there is a world of difference between cheap and more expensive pantyhose. I love to wear Wolford.  And I can get 20 wearings out of them.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•  

MadisonJoan

I'm only in Day 6 of my "Questioning" and I already feel the urge to wear pantyhose.  I think I have the legs for it.  I like pantyhose; especially fishnets.  So sexy!
Wait'll they get a load of me!
  •  

Julia1996

Pantyhose are out of vogue, at least among girls my age. However I love and wear them even so. The tan ones look weird on me obviously but I love the black ones. I like red tights too with some outfits. Pantyhose just give your legs a certain look when wearing heels you don't get with bare legs. I also have fishnets but I don't wear those in public. The fishnets are for Tristan's enjoyment only. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 08, 2019, 10:27:35 AM
Pantyhose are out of vogue, at least among girls my age.

Actually, they seem to be coming back, including among younger women.  I guess they finally clued in they look better than bare legs.

A few weeks ago, I saw a teenage girl at the mall, wearing a skirt so short, there was no doubt she was wearing reinforced panty pantyhose.

•