Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Discovering My Sexuality After I Was 30 Was Confusing. This Is What I Wish I Kne

Started by Michelle_P, November 26, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Not transgender, but a broader look at sexuality and orientation, often a popular topic on this site.

QuoteDiscovering My Sexuality After I Was 30 Was Confusing. This Is What I Wish I Knew
"Identity is a journey," educator and activist Robyn Ochs tells Bustle. "There's a lot of cultural pressure to be certain about everything ... The idea that somehow uncertainty or changing your identity is a problem or a weakness; I believe it's a strength. It takes strength to be open to new information."
Michelle Paquette, a 65-year-old transgender woman, thought she was only attracted to women until she was in her sixties.

https://www.bustle.com/p/discovering-my-sexuality-after-i-was-30-was-confusing-this-is-what-i-wish-i-knew-13168529

Bustle/Mika Doyle
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Maid Marion

•  

Lisa_K

My question is how done discovering your sexuality are you? If you have "found it" is that it, over and done and settled?

I transitioned as a teenager. I've been "discovering" my sexuality since then. I'll be 64 in a couple of days. There's things I'm still discovering and I hope I never figure it out.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Lisa_K on December 21, 2018, 06:54:51 AM
My question is how done discovering your sexuality are you? If you have "found it" is that it, over and done and settled?

I transitioned as a teenager. I've been "discovering" my sexuality since then. I'll be 64 in a couple of days. There's things I'm still discovering and I hope I never figure it out.

I don't known if we ever stop!  We do seem to change in so many ways as time goes by, and what I enjoy at 65 is rather different than what I enjoyed at 35!   I think that being open and honest with ourselves, being willing to examine even thoughts and impulses that make us feel a bit uncomfortable, leads to an infinite supply of self-discovery.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Lisa_K on December 21, 2018, 06:54:51 AM

I think that depends on the individual.  I always knew that I was only interested in women  (no matter if you call it hetero or lesbian - because I do  not know what would be appropriate for me), I had absolutely never any interests in sexual encounters with anybody else but human women!  This was my orientation for most of my life.  I am now asexual for many years, with a lesbian leaning, still no interests in any male encounters.  If, for some reason, i will not be asexual any more, I hope my interests in women will be my sexual orientation again!

Yes, I was done a long time ago (actually since I had sexual desires) to discover my sexuality!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Sophiaprincess2019

Sexuality is a personal decision and people who are questioning themselves should have boundaries and moral compasses to guide them.
1968 Born male but actually girl
1978 Played in girl clothes
1988 Dressed in girl clothes
1998 Wanted to be a girl socially
2008 Trying lying to myself
2018 Dreamed of becoming a girl
12-8-2018 Knew I was a woman
2-22-2019 Started HRT
  •