Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Favorite spirit gum for holding a wig on ?

Started by Alyssa2U, November 28, 2018, 06:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa2U

Hey girls !
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season so far.  So I will be starting at wearing wigs and have no real experience with them other than just slipping on and off the cosplay versions but will be buying more substantial ones and using spirit gum (I guess) for adhesive.  I see some brands have bad reviews saying that they do not hold during heavier activity - like sweating allot, moving around allot, etc. So I was wondering what all of your experiences may have been with this and what brand is best ? 
I know there may even be hair pulling involved on NYE night from jerks in the party crowds who like to make fun of girls like me - who knows - and going from the outside where it will be colder to indoors where it will be hotter - there are allot of variables to consider and I want my wig to stay on and stay put as I am sure you all understand not just for my own peace of mind but also for those who I am with so as not to embarrass them either if someone becomes an ass.
I assume some type of professional , stage makeup type would be best but I am honestly lost on this subject and would so much appreciate reading about any of your experiences on this and product suggestions.
Thanks ladies !
Luv you !
  •  

Alyssa2U

So evidently I didn't really do much research on my own, the answer is pretty easy to find. But for the benefit of anyone who may come across this thread and needs the same info a product named ghost bond seems to be the best choice however there is something called medical grade adhesive used for breast forms that I have seen discussed on other threads after a search for the topic but I have no clue as to if that can be used for wigs or not.
In a video I just came across with a girl reviewing ghost bond Vs something called got2be glued which apparently is more of a hair styling gel company  and also Vs something called cling - she says that the ghost bond seems to be better for sweaty conditions like working out and she didn't say it but I assume also making love...at least according to that one tuber lol.
I have decided not to post links because I don't know what the policy is on the site for that and I am not selling products - just trying to help others but just Google the info I wrote about here and you will get at least a really good start for an informed decision.
Toodles !!

•